Gwen Stefani’s hubby admits brief affair with cross-dressing 80s singerOctober 14th, 2010 - 2:20 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 14 (ANI): After spending 15 years insisting that he never had a gay affair with a cross-dressing pop star from the 1980s, Gavin Rossdale, husband of singing star Gwen Stefani, has now finally confessed to having a relationship with Marilyn.
The British front man of band Bush, 44, had previously lambasted former Culture Club star Boy George for first writing of the affair in his 1995 autobiography.
And his spokespeople continued to deny a relationship had taken place, even when Marilyn - real name Peter Robinson - spoke out last year, claiming that Rossdale had been the love of his life.
However, in an interview with the forthcoming issue of U.S. magazine Details, Rossdale has now confessed to the liaison.
The singer and guitarist told how he had a fling with Marilyn, 47, in the 1980s when he was just 17 years old. And he revealed he had not admitted to the affair until now because of the media ‘glare’ when Bush was just forging a career in the U.S.
‘I think at the outset there was a sort of fear - that was right at the beginning of Bush, and I didn’t want it to be part of it. It felt like a cheap shot, so I was like: ‘I’m not getting involved,” the Daily Mail quoted him as saying.
I’ve never wanted to appear closed about it, it’s not something I’ve talked about really because it’s always been in the glare of a tabloid world, it’s just one of those things - move on.
‘When you’re 17, Jesus Christ, I don’t think there’s anything strange about any form of anything - you’re learning about life. It’s a part of growing up - that’s it, no more, no less,” he added.
The magazine is not published until next Tuesday. However, according to U.S. reports, the singer has already been ‘regretting’ his confession.
A source close to Rossdale said he was ’seriously regretting’ speaking publicly regarding the affair. And it is believed one of the reasons he was so remorseful was because he had not - until now - told Miss Stefani of the affair. (ANI)
- Gwen Stefani's marriage on rocks after hubby's gay lover claims - Apr 23, 2009
- It's painful to be away from Stefani: Rossdale - Nov 21, 2011
- Love confesses affair with Gwen Stefani's husband - Apr 29, 2010
- Gavin Rossdale's positive approach towards life - Jan 03, 2012
- Gavin Rossdale claims his marriage not in trouble - May 02, 2010
- I had an affair with Rossdale during his Stefani romance, claims Love - Apr 28, 2010
- My marriage is a miracle: Gwen Stefani - Sep 12, 2012
- NBA fines JR Smith for posting Tahiry Jose's semi nude photo on Twitter - Mar 12, 2012
- I'm surrounded by men: Stefani - Jun 26, 2011
- My relationship with hubby 'hasn't been the easiest journey': Gwen Stefani - Mar 11, 2011
- Gwen Stefani loves being pampered - Apr 08, 2011
- Balancing family, career exhausting: Stefani - Jul 30, 2012
- Gwen Stefani to marry again? - Aug 16, 2012
- I will sacrifice career for kids: Stefani - Oct 19, 2011
- Gwen Stefani claims motherhood is her biggest priority - Jun 15, 2009
Tags: band bush, boy george, cross dressing, culture club, daily mail, fling, forthcoming issue, front man, gavin rossdale, gay affair, glare, gwen stefani, hubby, jesus christ, magazine details, outset, peter robinson, pop star, spokespeople, star boy