Gwen Stefani performes “I’m Just a Girl” at the American IdolMay 8th, 2009 - 2:39 am ICT by GD
Gwen Stefani was present in the results night of the “American Idol.” out of the final four, Danny Gokey, Kris Allen, Allison Iraheta and Adam Lambert it was time for Allison Iraheta to leave the show. Gwen Stefani’s presence was quiet significant considering the fact that Iraheta represents the same genre of music that is performed by Stefani and her band. Iraheta represented the genre of girl-power pop. As she left the show she raised her fists to the screens while the farewell montage was played.
Gwen Stefani was present along with her band No Doubt and they performed “I’m Just a Girl.” Stefani’s performance proved that being a mom and a glamorous pop star did not hamper her physical strength or her Kewpie-doll snarl. With great ease she dropped on the floor (as a part of her choreography) and performed some excellent flat-back push-ups. When she spat the phrase “I’m just a girl” her attitude was clear. Stefani is not “just” any girl, she never was and she can never be.
Gwen Stefani was a part of the group of musicians who made great changes in pop-rock music of the 1990s. Along with her there were other bands like the Breeders L7 and Bikini Kill. The revolution they brought along with their music was tremendous and with them began the revival of the rock ‘n’ roll lifestyle. Since a then rock music has become a symbol of empowerment for the girls of the present generation.
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin to renew their wedding vows - Aug 15, 2012
- After reuniting with band members, Stefani feels at home - Aug 22, 2012
- Taylor Swift & Adele amongst the big winners in the American music awards - Nov 21, 2011
- Stefani new face of L'Oreal - Jan 14, 2011
- Gwen Stefani's stylist Andrea Liebermann launches her jewelry line - Nov 21, 2011
- Miranda Lambert not happy with Chris Brown's performance at Grammy Awards - Feb 16, 2012
- I'm surrounded by men: Stefani - Jun 26, 2011
- Balancing family, career exhausting: Stefani - Jul 30, 2012
- 38th American Music Awards Results Announced, Justin Bieber Wins 4 - Nov 22, 2010
- Gwen Stefani takes her sons for manicures - Feb 22, 2011
- Gwen Stefani donates $1m to relief effort in Japan - Mar 25, 2011
- Adam Lambert sang "Feeling Good" for Rat Pack theme for American Idol - Apr 29, 2009
- India losing music genres due to Bollywood: Shubha Mudgal (Interview) - Jan 27, 2012
- American Idol Recap - Apr 16, 2009
- Justin Bieber Rules AMA 2010, Wins Four Awards - Nov 23, 2010
Tags: allen allison, allison iraheta, american idol, bikini kill, choreography, genre of music, girl power, gokey, gwen stefani, kewpie doll, l7, music of the 1990s, no doubt, physical strength, pop rock music, power pop, push ups, roll lifestyle, snarl, ups