Guy Ritchie wanted Madonna to be a normal wifeOctober 26th, 2008 - 11:31 pm ICT by IANS
London, Oct 26 (IANS) British director Guy Ritchie was so desperate for ex-wife and pop queen Madonna to lead a normal life that he got her to wash his car Sunday mornings.Ritchie complained he was trying to turn her into an English housewife, reports mirror.co.uk.
He cooked huge Sunday roasts and wanted her to join him and their children to watch award-winning television soap opera “EastEnders” on the sofa together like ordinary families.
Desperate for her relationship to work, Madonna tried to be a perfect wife.
But a friend said: “From the start, they were chalk and cheese. Madonna loved her millionaire, high-octane existence while Guy was laid-back and was never one for making extravagant gestures… ever.”
Ritchie preferred drinking and playing cards with pals, including actor Jason Statham, rather than spending time with his wife. But she craved attention and demanded glamorous nights out with him.
“She wanted to get dressed up and be seen. She loved the glitz and the glamour and the photographers waiting for her. Guy wanted a wife he could have a whisky on the sofa with,” said a source.
- Cheryl Fergison wants Barbara Windsor as her bridesmaid - Feb 11, 2011
- Madonna plans second perfume - Apr 18, 2012
- Madonna's boyfriend proposes - Mar 05, 2012
- Guy Ritchie's girlfriend pregnant again? - Jul 19, 2012
- Kardashian wants to be part of British soaps - Jun 13, 2012
- Kelly Brook's dream job - a role in Eastenders - Aug 19, 2010
- Madonna 'loves Britain', despite Guy Ritchie split - Jul 27, 2010
- Madonna fancies creative men - Sep 02, 2011
- Madonna's ex helped her on 'W.E.' - Dec 24, 2011
- Guy Ritchie's new girl plays 'mum' to Madonna's sons on night out - Aug 22, 2010
- EastEnders to show B&B fire - Sep 21, 2011
- Guy Ritchie 'circumcised to comply with ex-wife Madge's Kabbalah beliefs' - May 05, 2011
- Madonna plans to move back to Britain - Oct 11, 2010
- Cheryl Fergison asks Babara Windsor to be Her Bridesmaid - Feb 11, 2011
- Guy Ritchie, girlfriend expecting first child - Mar 07, 2011