Guy Ritchie opens up about Malawian tot adoption for the first timeNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:55 am ICT by admin
He also said that he and his wife haven’t discussed about the adoption for a long time now.
“We haven’t talked about the adoption for ages - he’s part of us,’ the Daily Mail quoted him, as saying.
“It was only in the first month when the adoption was going through. Since then we have all been getting on with our lives and it hasn’t been mentioned. That’s par for the course. He’s part of the family,’ he said.
The couple’s two other children, Lourdes, and 10, Rocco, seven. are said to have accepted Banda as a sibling and have even learnt to speak to him in his native language, Chichewa.
The couple are scheduled to appear before a Malawi’s high court next month that will review their 18-month temporary adoption order of David.
They stand high chances of winning the right to formally adopt David, after alawi’s chief social welfare officer Simon Chisale has given a glowing report of their parenting skills.
Chisale spent three days with the family at their Marylebone home. (ANI)
- Madonna arrives in Malawi to lay foundation for girls school - Oct 26, 2009
- Madonna gets court nod to adopt Malawian kid - Jun 13, 2009
- Madonna's Malawian daughter forgets native language - Oct 28, 2009
- Guy Ritchie names son Rafael - Jun 04, 2012
- Madonna's school coming up fast in Malawi - Jan 10, 2010
- Guy Ritchie's girlfriend pregnant again? - Jul 19, 2012
- Guy to spend Christmas with Madonna, kids - Dec 13, 2010
- Madge wanted African tot to have 'a loving family environment' - Apr 13, 2009
- Madonna 'to cocoon Mercy from the world' - Jun 22, 2009
- 'Tearful' Mercy James pleads for 'her mum Madonna' - Apr 06, 2009
- Madonna takes David, Mercy to Malawi - Apr 06, 2010
- Adopted son David Banda is Madonna's biggest fan - Dec 09, 2009
- Madonna plans to move back to Britain - Oct 11, 2010
- Madonna's adopted Malawian kids lose their native lingo - Oct 28, 2009
- Madonna planning baby with Jesus - Jan 20, 2010
Tags: adoption, alawi, daily mail, film director, guy ritchie, hasn, long time now, lourdes, malawi, marylebone, native language, parenting skills, rocco, sibling, social welfare, spent three, welfare officer