Gurdas Maan set for US tour, says he’ll sing new songs (With Image)July 20th, 2012 - 4:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 20 (IANS) His fans love to hear his old numbers, but Punjabi singer Gurdas Maan plans to belt out songs from his new album “Roti” during his US tour that starts Saturday in Chicago.
“I can never sing my old songs. They come as a special demand from my fans. In fact, a lot of time I don’t get a chance to sing anything new because my listeners love my old tracks a lot. But I have prepared a new album ‘Roti’ and I will sing some of the new tracks of the album,” Maan said in a statement.
“It is very important that I give my listeners something new to listen to every time I perform. It is my duty to do so, as soon those songs will also become old and they will make me sing them again and again,” added the 55-year-old.
After Chicago he will perform in Cleveland July 22; Bakersfield July 28; Fresno July 29; Sacramento Aug 4; Salem on Aug 5; San Francisco Aug 11; Houston Aug 12; Washington DC Aug 17; and finally New York’s Colden Auditorium will witness the finale Aug 18.
Mann, known for giving Punjabi Music a global face, started his career with his hit number “Dil da maamla hai” in 1981 and there was no looking back. He gave hits like “Akhiyaan udeek dian” and “Chaklo chaklo”.
- The Indian voice heard at London Olympics (With Images) - Aug 03, 2012
- Juhi Chawla is a singing star in the making! - Feb 22, 2010
- Gurdas Maan conferred doctorate by British varsity - Sep 09, 2010
- British varsity to honour Gurdas Maan with doctorate - Aug 31, 2010
- Shiamak Davar wants to popularise pop with 'Shabop' (With Images) - Aug 20, 2012
- When Mika matched steps with Gurdas Maan (Movie Snippets) - Oct 03, 2010
- Depp turns saviour for Patti Smith - Jun 07, 2012
- New album about thirst for love: Sarosh Sami - Jan 23, 2011
- Happy at popularity of Punjabi music: Daler Mehndi - Oct 02, 2011
- Now Honey Singh set to conquer Bollywood - May 08, 2012
- Daler Mehndi goes devotional for 'I Am Singh' (With Image) - Nov 18, 2011
- Sonu Nigam gets choosy - Aug 18, 2012
- "I am a little fish in a big pond..."- Jaidev Kumar - Mar 12, 2010
- 'Speedy Singh', a treat for bhangra, hip hop lovers (IANS Music Review) - Sep 04, 2011
- Balle balle! Punjabi music is flavour of Bollywood - Mar 09, 2011