Gulzar to translate Tagore poetry in Hindi for ‘Nauka Dubi’November 25th, 2010 - 4:52 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Nov 25 (IANS) Noted Hindi poet and lyricist Gulzar will translate the lyrics of Rituparno Ghosh’s latest Bengali film “Nauka Dubi” which premiered at the 41st International Film Festival of India (IFFI)
Speaking to reporters at a press conference here, the film’s producer Subhash Ghai said the film would be dubbed in Hindi.
“I showed Guzar sahib the film and he loved it. He will translate Tagore’s words (lyrics) in Hindi. There will be no change in the orchestra track or the tune, only the lyrics will be translated,” he said, adding that the essence would be retained by the Gulzar who is well versed in Bengali.
The dubbed Hindi version will be released Jan 23, which is the birth anniversary of Subhash Chandra Bose, Ghai said.
Replying to a query why is he dubbing the film film, which is quintessentially Bengali in essence, Ghai said: “The moment I first saw it, I knew it was an international film. It was so beautiful, that it emotes irrespective of the language it is made in. Why should the Hindi or the metro audience be deprived of such a quality film based on Tagore’s work?”
Ghai also claimed he was proud to produce a Bengali film, revealing that his initiation into the film industry was through Bengali cinema.
“The great Ritwik Ghatak was my teacher at the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII Pune), where I was studying. He was the one who opened my doors to Bengali cinema,” he said.
- Ghai to release Ghosh's 'Nouka Dubi' in Hindi - Apr 30, 2011
- I'd not want young to wear jeans: Subhash Ghai - Nov 25, 2010
- 'Nouka Dubi', 'Love Express' set for May release - Feb 24, 2011
- 'Nouka Dubi' to premiere at IFFI - Nov 15, 2010
- Rabindranath Tagore's 'Nouka Dubi' To Be Revisited By Rituparno Ghosh & Subhash Ghai! - Nov 29, 2010
- Ghai launches 'Nouka Dubi' music on boat (With Image) - May 15, 2011
- Hirani, Rituparno to hold master classes in Melbourne - May 25, 2012
- Rituporna Ghosh's Film 'Nouka Dubi' Produced By Subhash Ghai To Be Premiered At IFFI Goa At The ... - Nov 16, 2010
- Konkani film with Remo's music to be screened at IFFI - Oct 25, 2010
- 50 years on, Ghatak's masterpiece has to shine through clouds - Sep 03, 2010
- Rituparno Ghosh Transforms the Bombshell Teaches Riya Sen to Tie a Saree, Cut Vegetables - Jul 02, 2009
- New directors, new ideas power Bengali cinema's resurgence - Feb 19, 2012
- 'Feluda' lends voice to Tagore - Aug 25, 2012
- Jackie wants to kill me over Salma Hayek: Gulshan Grover - Nov 24, 2010
- Revered but not read, is Tagore reserve of the purist? - May 10, 2011
Tags: bengali cinema, bengali film, birth anniversary, dubi, film and television, film film, film industry, ftii pune, hindi version, iffi, initiation, international film festival, lyricist, quality film, quintessentially, rituparno ghosh, ritwik, subhash chandra bose, Subhash Ghai, television institute