Gulzar to present ‘Kya Dilli Kya Lahore’September 14th, 2012 - 7:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 14 (IANS) Eminent lyricist and director Gulzar, who was working on “Kya Dilli Kya Lahore” as a mentor, has now officially lent his name to the project. He would present the movie and says that the subject of partition is close to his heart.
“The subject (partition) is very close to my heart. I have been writing about it a lot. After seeing the film I was surprised to know that many youngsters have been associated with the film and yet they have brought the essence of the whole film so well,” said Gulzar who was born in Dina, Jhelum district, now in Pakistan.
“Karan had brought the script to me and after they completed the film, he brought it to show it to me. The film was bang on. The film talks about peace yet is not preachy and there is no bloodshed, it is a human drama and very relevant,” added the veteran whose family was one of the many to have suffered the partition woes.
Directed by Vijay Raaz, “Kya Dilli Kya Lahore” features Raj Zutshi, Manu Rishi, Vishwajeet Pradhan and Vijay.
The film is a humorous take on India-Pakistan relations and talks about the bond between an Indian soldier and a Pakistani soldier stationed at the border. The first look of the film was unveiled at the Wagah border Aug 14.
“We are really privileged to have his name associated with the film. He was mentoring the film at the script level. When we completed the film and showed him the first cut, he loved it and agreed to bless us by giving his name as a presenter. We couldn’t have asked for more,” producer Karan Arora said in a statement.
- Gulzar mentors producer of an anti-war movie - May 10, 2012
- 'Kya Dilli Kya Lahore' first look unveiled in Attari - Aug 15, 2012
- Gulzar turns narrator for anti-war movie (Movie Snippets) - May 30, 2012
- Midnight tryst with peace - on India-Pakistan (Lead) - Aug 15, 2012
- Midnight tryst with peace - on India-Pakistan border - Aug 15, 2012
- I fear being typecast: Actor Vishwajeet Pradhan - Jun 16, 2012
- Shilpa goes gaga over 'Agneepath' (Movie Snippets) - Jan 29, 2012
- Hats off to actors who work with newcomers: Preity Zinta - Sep 08, 2012
- Karan Malhotra's wife Ekta to turn director - Aug 24, 2012
- I'm fuelled up, ready for challenges, says Hrithik post 'Agneepath' success - Jan 30, 2012
Tags: bloodshed, close to my heart, dilli, human drama, india pakistan, indian soldier, jhelum district, karan, lahore, lyricist, manu, pakistan relations, partition, raj zutshi, rishi, script level, vijay raaz, wagah border, woes, youngsters