Gujju girl Gayatri gallops with groovy gyrationsJune 4th, 2009 - 4:26 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Though Gujaratis have dominated the business community and also a huge part of Bollywood trade in the past, we have hardly seen any Gujju heroines from the last few years. Most of our glam beauties like Kareena Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone, Aishwarya Rai and Bipasha Basu come from cosmopolitan backgrounds.
Now a true-blue Gujju girl Gayatri Patel is all set to make her mark in the upcoming dance extravaganza “Let’s Dance’. Born-and-bred in America, the girl has been “Miss India Georgia’ and also the first runner-up at “Miss India USA’.
She’s trained in Kathak and is also a pro at Yoga. A lethal combination this, it helps her attempt the most daring dance steps, breath-taking whirls and swirls and some awesome splits. No wonder, this petite dancing tornado aims to make everyone groove to her gyrations.
“Dancing doesn’t have to be done only on fast, racy numbers, but even on slow soothing tracks. Just listen to the beats and they will be the guiding force in how you move your body,” says Gayatri.
“Of course, experienced dancers can also dance in the space between beats. Once you get your groove on, you can try to dance off-beat too. It’s an art in itself,” she adds.
Directed by National Award-winning editor Aarif Sheikh, “Let’s Dance’ will hit the theatres on June 19. Let’s see if Gayatri can make us dance to her tunes. -Sampurn Media
- Bollywood's new import from America! - May 29, 2009
- Introducing Gayatri Patel, the dancing tornado - Jun 06, 2009
- Gayatri is the dancing diva of GenX, says Malaika - Jun 13, 2009
- First Look: 'Let's Dance' - Jun 02, 2009
- National Award-winning editor directs dance extravaganza - Jun 03, 2009
- When art becomes science to heal body and mind - May 11, 2011
- Salsa, Latino edging out Indian classical dances in Bollywood? - Jan 05, 2011
- Michelle Obama dances to Beyonce as part of anti-obesity drive - May 04, 2011
- Tradition gels with modernity in KKR's cultural show - Apr 05, 2012
- Let's Dance Music released at the hands of Malaika Arora Khan - Jun 12, 2009
- Audiences calling shots these days: Neha Dhupia - Dec 16, 2011
- Movie Review: Let's Dance (2009) - Jun 19, 2009
- 'Let's Dance' launches dance genre again in Bollywood (IANS Film Review; Rating:**) - Jun 20, 2009
- Mamata Banerjee's mother dies (Second Lead) - Dec 17, 2011
- Priyanka salutes woman power of music industry - Sep 23, 2011
Tags: aishwarya rai, beauties, bipasha basu, business community, dance steps, daring dance, deepika padukone, gallops, groove, gujaratis, gyrations, heroines, kareena kapoor, kathak, lethal combination, miss india georgia, priyanka chopra, splits, swirls, whirls