Guilty Slys quid pro quo with equally guilty pedestrianFebruary 19th, 2009 - 5:41 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Feb 18 (ANI): Sylvester Stallone narrowly avoided hitting a man crossing a street in Beverly Hills while he was driving a totally pimped, all-black VW Phaeton.
The 62-year-old actor was driving when a man listening to his iPod started crossing Bedford Street with the light in his favour, a witness said.
The car skidded into the crosswalk, stopping just short of my buddy, who dove to the ground,” the New York Post quoted a source, as saying.
“When he looked up, he saw a guy wearing a shocked expression, in red leather bomber-type jacket, gripping the wheel with one hand as the other held his cell against his ear.
“Like the hot-headed New Yorker he is, my buddy started yelling, ”Are you [bleep]ing kidding me?”
“Then he realized it was Sly. He told me, ”How was I gonna yell at Stallone? I mean, I love the guy since I was a kid. It”d be almost an honor to say Rocky knocked me out at a Beverly Hills crosswalk,” ” the source added.
The action hero “couldn”t have been more of a gentleman. He jumped out immediately to see if my friend was all right. But he couldn”t hear Sly’’s concern because he was still wearing his earphones,” the source said.
“This prompted Sly, with a smile, to twirl his index finger next to his temple to indicate maybe he was crazy to cross deafened by music. My pal immediately pointed at Sly’’s cell, still in his hand. They each looked at their devices and then both of them broke out laughing, realizing all parties were guilty as charged, the source said.
“Sly extended a hand, pulled my buddy up, and asked, ”You all right?” When my friend assured him he was, Sly offered, ”You sure, you need a ride or anything? Can I give you a lift?” My friend politely declined. They fist-bumped, then with a smile, Sly showed him he was sticking his cell in his jacket before jumping back into his VW,” the source added.
Stallone’’s rep, Michelle Bega, had no comment. (ANI)
- Sylvester Stallone renames himself 'Sly-enstein' after neck surgery - Jul 30, 2010
- 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' to get a new star soon - Feb 01, 2012
- I 'killed' more people than Stallone: Schwarzenegger (With Images) - Aug 10, 2012
- Stallone to launch men's lifestyle brand - Mar 25, 2011
- Sly to launch new menswear line 'inspired by Rocky and Rambo' - Mar 25, 2011
- Michael Lohan pleads not guilty in domestic violence case - May 24, 2011
- Tough guy Sly is scared of Dolph Lundgren - Jul 26, 2010
- Action heroes pay a price, says Stallone - Jul 12, 2012
- Ryan Gosling obsessed with jackets - Oct 17, 2011
- Brigitte Nielsen had sex with Arnie, Sly, and Sean Penn! - Apr 22, 2011
- Ozzy Osbourne signed by Rolling Stone as health columnist - Oct 27, 2010
- US woman runs down 'Lord Jesus Christ' in Northampton - May 08, 2010
- J.Lo says she threatened to kill Ricky Gervais at the Golden Globes - Jan 20, 2011
- Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra gear up to meet Sylvester Stallone - Jan 27, 2010
- Oscar is boring: Dustin Hoffman - Feb 11, 2012
Tags: action hero, bedford street, beverly hills, bleep, crosswalk, earphones, favour, gentleman, index finger, ing, leather bomber, michelle bega, new york post, new yorker, pedestrian, red leather, sylvester stallone, vw phaeton, witness, yell