Growing poor helped Kunis become successfulJuly 14th, 2012 - 2:05 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, July 14 (IANS) Actress Mila Kunis says being the daughter of poor migrants from Ukraine helped her develop the thick skin she needs to survive in Hollywood.
“You build it up. My dad always said I have a really good backbone. I grew up here, I didn’t grow up wealthy or even middle class, we were pretty poor and you learn how life works very quickly,” contactmusic.com quoted Kunis as saying.
The 28-year-old says she has been able to hold on to it because she surrounds herself with smart people.
“The best advice I have been given? That sometimes it’s oaky to be wrong - you can’t always play it safe,” she said.
- Mila Kunis doesn't find herself attractive - Jun 14, 2012
- Mila doesn't consider herself sexy - Aug 22, 2011
- Dior makes me feel good, says Mila Kunis - Jul 06, 2012
- I fight for movies I want to do: Mila Kunis - Sep 03, 2011
- Mila Kunis stands by her movies - Jan 24, 2011
- I get nervous on dates: Mila Kunis - Jul 26, 2012
- Kunis wants to have children - Jul 20, 2012
- Kunis glad to have avoided child stardom - Jul 30, 2012
- I have no shame: Kunis - Jul 20, 2012
- Mila Kunis' bus journey punishment - Aug 01, 2012
- Kunis not dating Kutcher - Jul 05, 2012
- Mila Kunis got $7k facial for Golden Globes - Jan 18, 2011
- Mila Kunis's dad walked out of 'Black Swan' lesbian sex scene - Dec 05, 2010
- Mila Kunis: Sex Scenes With Justin Timberlake Was Easy - Dec 04, 2010
- I don't think I'm attractive: Mila Kunis - Jun 17, 2012