Grey’s Anatomy - Mark Sloan McSteamy Becomes a GrandfatherApril 30th, 2010 - 2:36 pm ICT by admin
By Anita Thomas
At first we were shocked to hear that Mark Sloan aka McSteamy was a father, we were even more shocked to hear we was about to be a grandfather. For the last several months we have patiently waited for the arrival of little McSteamy and tonight we wait no more.
While Sloan’s daughter is having a baby Callie is desperately trying to convince Arizona that a baby in their relationship would be great. Arizona on the other hand would prefer a glass of Sangria on the beach of Spain to a baby. With Callie’s obsession for a child she finds the comparison of Sangria and Spain to a baby upsetting.
Sloan’s daughter gives birth to a son and has to decide on whether to call the couple that wants to adopt him or allow Mark the new grandpa to help her raise the son. Mark hastily believes he can help his daughter while also letting him regain a family he never had. As Arizona’s pager goes off alarming her that baby Sloan is in distress Arizona, Callie and Mark dash to Sloan’s side to see what is wrong. In the room they see the baby crying in his crib and Sloan trying to figure out why he won’t stop crying, Arizona explains to Sloan he is hungry. With no mother instincts kicking in Mark Sloan knows she is not ready to be a mother and he also knows he is not ready to take on the challenge of helping raise a newborn. Mark makes a phone call to the adoptive parents and after a tearful goodbye to his grandson he hands him over to the new parents.
Tom Evans a high profile heart surgeon is performing heart surgery and with Christine Yang being his biggest fan is asked to assist him. Evans is at Seattle Grace interviewing for the Head Cardiac Heart Surgeon the same position that Teddy is covering now, the same position Teddy wants now. Yang finds out th rough Teddy that Evans is there for a job and that he is not a teaching doctor he does surgeries without help. Yang pleads with Owen to talk to Shepherd about keeping Teddy on staff, Owen instead tells Shepherd that Teddy will be okay no matter where she is at. Evans was offered the job, but turned it down Teddy took the job.
Trauma choppers bring the captain of a crab fishing boat to the ER because of a fishhook embedded in his side. It is not just a small hook; it is a very large shark fishhook. The captain’s son accidentally pushed the captain into some machine equipment on the fishing boat that ended with a shark fishing hook lodge in the chest of the captain. Surgery to the captain and his son saves their lives and repairs their relationship with each other.
Patrick Dempsey/Derek Shepherd
Jessica Capshaw/Arizona Robbins
Eric Dane/Mark Sloan
- Grey’s Anatomy: Going Into A Recap - Jan 08, 2011
- Grey's Anatomy: Love changes everything - May 14, 2010
- Greys Anatomy: Valentines Day at Seattle Grace - Feb 12, 2010
- Patrick Dempsey tweets Grey Anatomy spoiler - Aug 03, 2012
- Wayne Comben & Graeme Pulle pull in UK's biggest shark - May 30, 2012
- Sharks' remarkable skin boosts swimming - Feb 10, 2012
- Toddler served alcoholic drink at Olive Garden - Apr 15, 2011
- Ellen: Jack Black, Steve Martin, and Owen Wilson - Oct 11, 2011
- Shark steals fish from reel in Cherry Grove Inlet - Jul 12, 2012
- Grey's Anatomy: Surgeon vs. Surgeon - Mar 12, 2010
- Chris Evans In Captain America’s Costume: Released In Entertainment Weekly - Jan 15, 2011
- Are Karina Smirnoff and Owen Wilson dating each other? - Mar 15, 2012
- Sharks visit underwater spas for dead skin removal - Mar 23, 2011
- Bull sharks spotted swimming down flooded main streets in Oz - Jan 14, 2011
- Psych: Season 5 Concludes Yin/Yang Trilogy With "Yang 3 In 2D - Dec 23, 2010
Tags: adoptive parents, anatomy, anita thomas, callie, grandpa, having a baby, heart surgeon, heart surgery, high profile, instincts, interviewing, mark sloan, mcsteamy, new parents, obsession, phone call, sangria, seattle, tearful goodbye, tom evans