Gregg Allman Releases His First Solo Music Album In 14 YearsJanuary 17th, 2011 - 9:07 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Jan 17, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Gregg Allman has remained a Southern blues-rocker for years. His work with the Allman Brothers’ band stands out as one of the best in the country/blues genre. It’s not exactly the music which blues purists would like, but the sound track has always remained a favorite to people who love to listen to the essence of a ‘blue’ note. Now, at 63, Gregg Allman is choosing to devote nearly every track on his first solo album after a hiatus of 14 years. Te album is titled as”Low Country Blues”. The album features Doyle Bramhall II on the guitar, Dennis Crouch on the acoustic bass, and Jay Bellarose on the drums, and Dr. John on the piano.
Taking into consideration his age and background, it does not come as a surprise that Gregg Allman treats the artists who had been the exponents of the blue genre music, like Skip James to Muddy Waters as his mentors. Like all classic rockers, this singer owes a debt to Skip James and Muddy Waters which he knows he could never repay totally. This first solo album of his could be taken as not just about paying respect to those two people, but also about claiming an ever-deepening connection with music that had remained his love for almost 50 years. However, Gregg Allman’s album can bring up a deeper question of whether or not this album is an approach that would do justice to his own talents.
Stars like Gregg Allman, opened up for the blues a whole world of sound, which ranged from hard rock flourish, jazz-inspired improvisation, and pop polish. It would be a treat to the ears of the fans of Gregg Allman to be able to hear him sing without a group.
- Jay-Z, Lady Gaga, Emimem among winners of 2011 Grammy Awards - Feb 14, 2011
- Cher to marry Medvetz soon? - Aug 22, 2012
- Amitabh adopts 'A Capella' for 'Bbuddah...' song - May 27, 2011
- Jay Reatard Passes Away At 29 - Jan 14, 2010
- Ronson to compose London Olympics anthem - Oct 02, 2011
- Keating nervous about album release - Jan 16, 2012
- Jazz musicians in Delhi mix new sounds with new venues (Feature) (With images) - Jul 23, 2012
- Joss Stone releases new album LP1 - Jul 27, 2011
- India losing music genres due to Bollywood: Shubha Mudgal (Interview) - Jan 27, 2012
- Bollywood not obligated to absorb TV talent: Babul Supriyo - Jul 13, 2012
- Santos wants to sing with Alejandro Fernandez - Nov 25, 2011
- Solo album magic wanes: Digital media may revive it - Aug 07, 2012
- ‘Cage The Elephant’ Dethrones Taylor Swift From Her No.1 Position In The Billboard Hot 200 - Jan 20, 2011
- Fergie to pay stage tribute to Slash - Aug 24, 2010
- 'D.K. Bose' is clear winner in 'Delhi Belly' album (IANS Music Review) - May 29, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,