Greg Norman, Chris Evert to marry on SaturdayJune 25th, 2008 - 4:53 pm ICT by ANI
New York, June 25 (ANI): Golf great Greg “The Shark” Norman and former tennis star Chris Evert are getting married Saturday, six months after they got engaged, the New York Post quoted sources, as saying.
The couple and their nearest and dearest are heading to the Blue Shark Golf Course in the Bahamas, owned by New York-based real-estate developer Roger Stein, to tie the knot. It will be the second marriage for both.
The whos who of sport and entertainment, and even two former US Presidents, will see sporting legends Greg Norman and Chris Evert tie the knot.
One person who won’t be attending is Normans ex-wife Laura Andrassy, The Daily Telegraph reported.
Andrassy declined to pass on her wishes to the couple. I have no wishes for them except to say they deserve each other,’ she said.
Evert and Norman, both 53, are expected to wed on June 28 in a dusk ceremony on a private beach at The One And Only Ocean Club Hotel on Paradise Island.
Australian tennis player Lleyton Hewitt and his wife Bec are on the guest list, along with other tennis stars, including Anna Kournikova, Lindsay Davenport, Jim Courier, Martina Navratilova and Everts ex-fiance Jimmy Connors.
Movie star Chevy Chase, comedian Jon Lovitz and musicians Kenny Loggins and Gwen Stefani, with her husband Gavin Rossdale, are also invited.
Popular US television host Matt Lauer, who Norman is caddying for at a celebrity round of golf this weekend, will also watch the nuptials alongside former US Presidents Bill Clinton and George Bush Sr.
Norman has been a friend of Clinton for more than a decade, with the President staying as a guest at the golfers Florida home. (ANI)
- Whos who of sports, showbiz and politics to attend Norman-Evert nuptials - Jun 09, 2008
- Greg Norman's former wives speak out on his latest engagement - Oct 19, 2010
- Oz golfer Greg Norman ties the knot for third time - Nov 13, 2010
- Golfer Greg Norman's sister calls his ex-wife Evert 'dominating' - Jul 19, 2010
- Greg Norman, Evert shift their wedding venue to a more secluded spot - Jun 27, 2008
- Norman and Evert separate after 15 months of marriage - Oct 03, 2009
- Evert's ex hubby says her separation from Norman is `horrible' - Oct 05, 2009
- Greg Norman's ex-wives 'hurt over his new relationship' - May 10, 2010
- Tennis rivals Martina Navratilova and Chris Evert reunite at docu screening - Aug 28, 2010
- Norman, Evert marriage was doomed from start: Ex-wife - Oct 04, 2009
- Husband of Greg Norman's new lover troubled by split - Apr 24, 2010
- Norman finds new love after divorcing Evert - Apr 19, 2010
- `Evert's presence could have helped me to win more tournaments,' says Norman - Jul 20, 2009
- Chris Evert still 'hurt, angry and shamed' over split with Greg Norman - Jul 05, 2010
- Golfer Norman says Evert has restored his freedom - Mar 01, 2009
Tags: andrassy, anna kournikova, australian tennis player, blue shark, chevy chase, daily telegraph, gavin rossdale, george bush sr, gwen stefchris evert, jim courier, jimmy connors, jon lovitz, lindsay davenport, lleyton hewitt, martina navratilova, new york post, one and only ocean club, second marriage, us presidents