“Green And Yellow” Shows Lil Wayne’s Support For PackersFebruary 4th, 2011 - 8:49 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Feb 4, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Super Bowl fever is on. Where the Steelers and Packers are the hottest topic of discussion and conflicts amongst the fans, the rappers of the nation are no less. They are clashing with each other in their very own way, to establish the supremacy of the team they support. Lil Wayne is one of those rappers, who has recently released the song, “Green And Yellow” reportedly to cheer up the Packers.
This has come up as a huge surprise for the Packers fans, as the rapper himself hails from New Orleans. Nevertheless, the song is getting quite popular, ever since it was released. Reports say, that this song is basically aimed at Lil Wayne’s long term frenemy, Wiz Khalifa. A few says ago, the latter released the song, “Black And Yellow”, to support his favorite football team, the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers sports the jerseys of black and yellow color combination. It was a good way to show his support for the team. Lil Wayne took this opportunity to display his sporty rapping skills, for the team he supports, and the one, that Wiz Khalifa opposes, the Packers. Although, no where in the song, did Lil Wayne mention the name of the team, it became quite apparent, as “Green And Yellow” is the color combination of the Packer’s jersey.
In an interview with a very reputed source, Lil Wayne said that this is not a song, this is just for the team that he loves and supports. Although he himself hails from the South, he reportedly wants to support a team from the north, atleast for a few days. However, he did not say anything about hitting back at Wiz Khalifa through this song, although its lyrics puts that message across.
- "Green And Yellow" Lyrics Upsets The Saint Fans - Feb 05, 2011
- Wiz Khalifa all set to release 'Rolling Papers' - Mar 29, 2011
- Wiz Khalifa Arrested On Charges Of Drug Possession, Released Later - Nov 10, 2010
- Reshammiya teams up with Lil Wayne - Nov 02, 2011
- Wiz Khalifa Arrested For Drug Possession - Nov 09, 2010
- Pittsburgh Steelers Reach Super Bowl Final By Crushing New York Jets - Jan 24, 2011
- Green Bay Packers Beat Pittsburgh Steelers To Win Super Bowl XLV - Feb 07, 2011
- Green Bay Packers Turn Out To Be Oddsmakers' Favorite To Win Super Bowl 2011 - Jan 24, 2011
- Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers To Face-Off In Super Bowl 2011 - Jan 24, 2011
- Slash And Usher Join Black Eyed Peas For Super Bowl Performance - Feb 07, 2011
- Superbowl 2011 To Kick Off Today - Feb 06, 2011
- Kanye West wins best rap song, album awards - Feb 13, 2012
- Romeo Santos happy with success of first solo album - Nov 17, 2011
- Rapper Lil Wayne Releases His New Single "6' 7" - Dec 15, 2010
- Lil Wayne "I Am Not A Human Being" Released Digitally - Sep 28, 2010
Tags: atleast, color combination, conflicts, favorite football team, fever, few days, frenemy, jerseys, kar, lil wayne, lyrics, meena, new orleans, packers fans, pittsburgh steelers, rappers, Sports, super bowl, surprise, wiz khalifa