Grammy-winner says his next baby will be a singerJanuary 25th, 2012 - 11:46 am ICT by IANS
Miami, Jan 25 (IANS/EFE) Grammy-winning merengue singer Elvis Crespo is getting ready to launch his new disc while awaiting the birth of his fifth child who, he says, will inherit his musical bent.
“I’m getting a beautiful (baby) and I’m really happy. Now I’ll have to do a lot of promotions, now I do have to work hard, now I do have to sing a lot and sell a ton of discs,” the artist told EFE during a photography session at the Hotel Biltmore in Miami for his new album “Los Monsters”.
At two weeks before the baby’s arrival - and still with no idea what to name the child - Crespo said that “this (baby) will be a merengue artist…” and even went along on his 2011 tour because wife Maribel Vega “was often onstage with me”.
“I mean, (the baby is) going to come out a reggaeton artist,” the artist said, having arrived in Miami after a long tour of South America.
The singer of hits like “Suavemente” (Softly) and “Pintame” (Paint Me) said that his 12th album will go on sale in early April.
- Elvis Crespo releases new album - May 02, 2012
- Juan Luis Guerra brings Caribbean rhythms to Chile - Oct 09, 2011
- Music stars denounce Puerto Rico crime wave - Mar 01, 2011
- Franco the Gorilla launches new disc - Nov 19, 2011
- Enrique Iglesias, Jennifer Lopez combine styles - Aug 18, 2012
- Lissette Alvarez presents her new album - May 16, 2012
- Gloria Trevi presents second single of new album - May 10, 2011
- Juan Luis Guerra to launch new album - Feb 27, 2012
- Estefano relives shooting in a song - Jun 12, 2012
- Venezuelan rockers are back with new album - Aug 30, 2011
- Marc Anthony, Chayanne announce US tour - Apr 24, 2012
- Noelia to launch singles from new album in US, Europe - Mar 19, 2012
- Cheo Feliciano to join Dominican singer for his new album - Jul 07, 2011
- I'm a prisoner of my own songs: Argentine singer - Sep 11, 2011
- Don Omar, Prince Royce big winners at Billboard Latin awards - Apr 28, 2012