Grammy Nominated Rapper Ja Rule Pleades Guilty To Firearm ChargeDecember 14th, 2010 - 9:48 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Dec 14, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Rapper Jeffrey Atkins aka Ja Rule has landed himself in hot water after police found out semi-automatic firearm from the backseat of his luxury car, the media outlets report. The New York authorities said that the rapper pleaded guilty on Monday for criminal possession of weapon and he would have to serve two years in prison. However, Ja Rule seems optimistic about his future as he wrote at the home page of his social networking site that the verdict of the jury was just a “minor” setback for his “major” comeback on stage.
Back in 2007, the law enforcement officials found out a semi-automatic handgun in the back door of his luxury gun when Ja Rule was in New York’s Upper West Side for a concert. The rapper faced a second degree weapon charge at the time of his arrest. Manhattan District Attorney’s Office said that the serial number of the sun was scratched off. The attorney’s office also released a statement where it was stated that the hip-hop star will be registered as a gun offender. District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr. told a reputed media source that till now gun violence is predominant in America in spite of some anti-gun laws in the nation.
The attorney also said that gun-violence offenses are serious and Ja Rule’s guilty plea would be a wake up call and a lesson to everyone who wants to carry a gun illegally in New York City. On the other hand, Ja Rule’s attorney called the whole matter to be “unreasonable” as the “Between Me and You” singer admitted his crime and took all the responsibility on himself. The law enforcement officials said that Ja Rule will have to appear on court again on February 9. Ja Rule would remain free until the judge announces his sentence date.
- Jeffrey Atkins' to stand trial in August - Jun 09, 2010
- Gibson surrendered multiple weapons after domestic violence claim - Nov 13, 2010
- Ja Rule to begin his prison sentence today - Jun 09, 2011
- Lil Wayne parties hard before jail - Oct 29, 2009
- Lil Wayne begins year-long jail term - Mar 09, 2010
- New Jersey shooting rekindles debate on US gun laws (Third Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Arizona Shooting Suspect Jared Lee Loughner Posed With A Gun And G-String, Police Says - Jan 16, 2011
- Three Maoists nabbed in Kolkata - Sep 12, 2012
- Ja Rule admits to $3M tax evasion in New Jersey - Mar 23, 2011
- Lil Wayne faces jail time in weapon possession case - Oct 23, 2009
- Arizona gunman posed in G-string with semi-automatic pistol before attack - Jan 15, 2011
- Canadian-based artist 'paints' portraits of Gandhi, Lennon with bullet holes! - Dec 11, 2010
- US police to buy Russian shotguns - Jan 31, 2012
- Indian-American jeweller pleads guilty to illegal ivory sales? - Jul 13, 2012
- Nick Ginetta of Florida Car Lot, Offers Free Ak-47 W/Truck - Nov 17, 2010
Tags: automatic firearm, backseat, criminal possession, gina gomez, guilty plea, gun laws, gun violence, hip hop star, ja rule, jeffrey atkins, law enforcement officials, luxury car, manhattan district attorney, media source, minor setback, social networking site, upper west side, violence offenses, weapon charge, york authorities