Grammy Award-winning rapper T.I arrested over massive gun ‘arsenal’ at his homeNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:17 am ICT by admin
“This convicted felon allegedly was trying to add several machine guns to an already large, and entirely illegal, arsenal of guns,” the New York Daily News quoted charged David Nahmias, U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Georgia, as saying.
Nahmias said that three other weapons were found in the rapper’s vehicle and six guns were found in a bedroom cupboard during a raid of his home.
T.I. gave his bodyguard 12,000 dollars in cash to buy the weapons and when the latter was caught trying to acquire the guns from an undercover agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the agent was offered a deal in return for his help.
The bodyguard revealed that the artist asked him to acquire the weapons since he is a convicted felon and is not allowed to purchase firearms, court papers reveal.
T.I.’s attorney, Dwight Thomas, said that fans should not rush to conclusions.
“When this is all over, we can clear T.I.’s name and he can go back to making the wonderful music he is known for. He’s confident in the American legal system and that it will work in his favour,” Thomas said.
The rapper, who is charged with possession of unregistered machine guns and silencers and possession of firearms by a convicted felon, is scheduled to attend a hearing today, where he will file for bail, his attorney revealed. (ANI)
- T.I. released from prison, now goes to a halfway house - Dec 24, 2009
- Rapper T.I. Released From Prison, Moves To Halfway House - Dec 23, 2009
- Rapper T.I. jailed for 11 months after violating probation with drug arrest - Oct 16, 2010
- Rapper T.I. summoned in court over drug charges - Sep 18, 2010
- 16-year-old charged in Wisconsin murder of elderly Sikh - Aug 18, 2012
- Goldsboro, NC felon sentenced for firearm possession - Mar 19, 2010
- Cumberland County, NC man sentenced for firearms possession charges - Mar 12, 2010
- Aurora, CO man sentenced for possession of a firearm - Mar 17, 2010
- Connecticut man pleads guilty after officials discover heroin and weapons in residence - Jan 16, 2010
- Seattle man sentenced for possessing a gun in a Metro bus - Mar 06, 2010
- Two men arrested for illegal possession of machine guns in Texas - Mar 15, 2010
- Two West Virginia felons sentenced on firearms charges - Mar 12, 2010
- Stamford, CT man charged with illegal possession of firearm and ammunition - Mar 04, 2010
- Hollywood, SC man sentenced for firing twice at pursuing officer - Mar 03, 2010
- Seattle resident sentenced to prison for illegal firearm possession - Jan 22, 2010
Tags: alcohol tobacco firearms, bodyguard, bureau of alcohol tobacco firearms, bureau of alcohol tobacco firearms and explosives, convicted felon, dwight thomas, gun arsenal, machine guns, massive gun, new york daily news, northern district of georgia, possession, silencers, six guns, undercover agent, weapons, wonderful music