Grace Kelly’s exclusive dresses on display in LondonJuly 16th, 2010 - 6:54 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, July 16 (ANI): The exclusive wardrobe of Hollywood star Grace Kelly, who was also the wife to Prince Rainier of Monaco, has been put on display in a museum in London.
The exhibition named, ‘Grace Kelly: Style Icon,’ in the Victoria and Albert museum in South Kensington explores the style of Kelly who was Alfred Hitchcock’s muse too.
“We wanted to focus purely on her style and why she has become this fashion icon. I think many people know her for being the epitome of good taste and style in the 1950s but the exhibition brings her story right through the decades of her life, through the sixties and seventies,” ABC News quoted Jenny Lister, curator of the exhibition, as saying.The dresses on display include an LBD (little black dress) worn by the actress in Alfred Hitchcock’s 1954 classic ‘Rear Window’ and a gown from ‘High Society,’ the 1956 musical.
Lister added that she believed that top Hollywood actresses like Gwyneth Paltrow and Kate Winslet continue to follow Kelly’s example.
“I think it’s because she’s become this code for that classic, streamlined look which works so well on the red carpet,” she said, adding that by dressing like her, “they think they will achieve the same sort of poise and elegance that she was so well known for.” (ANI)
- Actress Grace Kelly's wardrobe to go on display in London museum - Nov 23, 2009
- Nida's 'Jadugaar' dress a hit with Lady Gaga - Oct 31, 2011
- Can Vidya's kanjeevaram look revive hand-woven saris? - Feb 16, 2012
- Gaga to design garments with sister? - Aug 25, 2011
- Kidman to play Grace Kelly? - Apr 07, 2012
- Kate Middleton pips Diana to become '3rd most beautiful royal' - Apr 19, 2011
- YRF Entertainment to produce, finance Nicole Kidman-starrer - May 19, 2012
- Princess Diana's wedding dress voted the best ever - Mar 29, 2011
- Prince Charles, Prince Albert, Maldives president to grace Games inaugural - Sep 05, 2010
- Winslet's wax statue unveiled at Tussauds - Nov 10, 2011
- Dia Mirza loves classic Indian jewellery - Aug 27, 2012
- Diana's gowns to be displayed at British palace - Mar 10, 2012
- Anthony Hopkins to play Hitchcock - Dec 08, 2011
- Sonam made a brave choice for Cannes red carpet: Designers - May 17, 2011
- New York's famed Rubin Museum to exhibit photos of India-Nepal sadhus - Jan 09, 2011
Tags: abc news, alfred hitchcock, epitome, fashion icon, good taste, grace kelly, gwyneth paltrow, hollywood actresses, hollywood star, kate winslet, lister, little black dress, poise, prince rainier of monaco, rear window, red carpet, south kensington, style icon, victoria and albert, victoria and albert museum