Gowariker picks new composer over Rahman for ‘…Rashee?’June 17th, 2009 - 8:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 17 (IANS) After working with Oscar-winning music maestro A.R. Rahman in three of his hits - “Lagaan”, “Swades” and “Jodhaa Akbar”, director Ashutosh Gowariker has roped in Sohail Sen for his romantic comedy “What’s Your Rashee?” set to release Sep 25.
Sen, who has earlier worked on multi-starrer film “Sirf” in 2008, has composed 13 different songs for the much-awaited movie. Lead actors Priyanka Chopra and Hurman Baweja are both vouching for the quality and variety of songs that the new music director has composed.
Priyanka, who essays 12 characters in the movie, said: “Given that there are 12 characters belonging to different backgrounds and different zodiac signs in the film, it’s amazing how Sohail (Sen) has beautifully brought all of them together with a range and mixture of distinctive sounds.”
“Each song is extremely unique and true to depicting each character’s story. I am anxiously looking forward to the launch of the music from the film,” she added.
Meanwhile, Hurman too is all praise for the composer.
“Imagine hearing an album and finding it impossible to choose a favourite track because every track you hear becomes an instant favourite. That’s just what Ashu sir (Ashutosh Gowariker), Javed (Akhtar) saab and Sohail have created - 13 distinctive compositions in one addictive album,” he said.
“What’s Your Rashee?” is Gowariker’s first romantic comedy and is based on a Gujarati novel “Kimball Ravenswood” by Madhu Rye.
The plot revolves around a young Gujarati man in pursuit of his dream girl with the catch of finding her within 10 days to save his family from an unforeseen ordeal.
The movie is jointly produced by UTV Motion Pictures and Ashutosh Gowariker Productions.
- Patriotism takes centrestage in 'Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey' album (IANS Music Review) - Oct 30, 2010
- Comparing me to Rahman not fair: Sohail Sen - Aug 25, 2009
- What's Your Raashee? world premiere on 19th September! - Jul 31, 2009
- 'Khelein Hum...' music composed in Goa hotel room - Nov 07, 2010
- Sohail Sen's music impresses in 'What's Your Raashee?' (IANS Music Review) - Aug 24, 2009
- Priyanka back to work after three days in hospital - Apr 14, 2009
- Gowariker's new film took inspiration from Bengali music - Oct 30, 2010
- I'm not doing '2 States': Priyanka Chopra - Jun 29, 2011
- Gowariker's sister sings for Priyanka in 'What's Your Raashee?' - Jul 28, 2009
- Gowariker's 'What's Your Rashee' goes on floors - Dec 08, 2008
- I can never be like my father: Shahid Kapoor (Film Snippets) - Aug 20, 2009
- What's Your Raashee showcased at Toronto Festival - Sep 23, 2009
- What's your Raashee? to release on 25 September - Jun 18, 2009
- 'Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey': rare, precious movie on nationalism (IANS Film Review; Rating: ****) - Dec 03, 2010
- 'Kaun kenda hai' my personal favourite: composer (With Image) - Mar 20, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,