Gordon Ramsay apologises to TV host Tracy GrimshawJune 10th, 2009 - 6:14 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Jun 10 (ANI): Brit celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay has issued an apology to ‘A Current Affair’ presenter Tracy Grimshaw for insulting her publicly.
As per a spokesman, Ramsay realised that his remarks at a Melbourne cooking show last weekend were “inappropriate and offensive”.
“His comments relating to Tracy Grimshaw, who had interviewed Gordon the previous evening, were off the cuff and in response to heckling from the audience,” News.com.au quoted him as telling Sky News in London.
“His intention was to make a joke and indeed he did raise a big laugh at the time.
“However, with hindsight he realises that his comments were inappropriate and offensive to Tracy Grimshaw.
“And he has unreservedly apologised both to her and anybody else who may who may have been upset,” the spokesman said.
Ramsay had earlier branded Grimshaw “sad” and “bitter” for defending herself after she used her A Current Affair program on June 8 to take him to task over his weekend rant.
He denied calling the Channel 9 veteran a lesbian while appearing at Melbourne’s Good Food and Wine Show during which he also allegedly compared her to a pig, using an offensive photo as a prop.
Ramsay said he was “deeply mortified” that his intended joke had been blown out of proportion.
On June 8, Grimshaw had called Ramsay a bully and an “arrogant narcissist”, adding he had made “uninformed insinuations” at the food show about her sexuality, and she told her viewers she was not gay. (ANI)
- Gordon Ramsay a low life says Australian PM - Jun 09, 2009
- Foul-mouth chef Gordon Ramsay embroiled in controversy again - Jun 09, 2009
- Gordon Ramsay stretchered off the field after a tackle from Teddy Sheringham at Soccer Aid - May 30, 2012
- TNT Apologizes After Tracy Morgan Calls Sarah Palin 'Great Masturbation Material'! - Jan 29, 2011
- Tracy Morgan slammed for over-sexed remarks about Michelle Obama - Apr 21, 2011
- Gordon Ramsay to star in 'The Simpsons' - Nov 13, 2011
- When gun shots scared Beckham, Ramsay - Sep 21, 2010
- Nasty email about boss costs an employee $10,000 - Jun 20, 2012
- Gordon Ramsay to sue family members - Aug 09, 2011
- Female chef in Gordon Ramsay's kitchen claims sexual harassment - Apr 23, 2011
- Lily Allen gets cooking lesson from Gordon Ramsay - May 24, 2011
- Gordon Ramsay 'served with $2m tax bill in US' - Aug 01, 2010
- Jessica Marotta Was Having An Affair With A Married Man - Sep 30, 2010
- Racist email scandal hits Australian police - Oct 09, 2010
- Lara Bingle pardoned for copping driving demerit points? - Mar 26, 2011
Tags: apologises, apology, bully, celebrity chef, channel 9, chef gordon ramsay, cooking show, current affair, food show, good food, hindsight, insinuations, narcissist, news com au, news in london, realised, sky news, tracy grimshaw, tv host, wine show