Gopalarathnam is new MD of Cholamandalam MS General InsuranceApril 3rd, 2008 - 10:27 am ICT by admin
Chennai, Apr 3 (ANI/ Business Wire India): SS Gopalarathnam, President (Operations), has been appointed as the new MD of Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Ltd with effect from April 1.
Prior to his current role as President (Operations), Gopalarathnam was the CFO and VP Finance ever since the inception of the company in 2001.
He has overseen a wide variety of functions like business development, underwriting, reinsurance, finance and investments and operations and CRM within the company.
“I am very excited about this opportunity to grow the business at a time of stiff price-led competition in the de-tariff era and will be targeting a Top line of Rs. 1000 crore and a market share of three per cent in 2008-09,” said Gopalarathnam.
Gopalarathnam has been with the Murugappa Group for nearly 29 years. He has rich and varied experience and has held senior positions in finance, exports, strategy and corporate planning, and “business heading” functions across various group companies like T.I Cycles, T.I Miller and Tube Products of India.
Gopalarathnam succeeds Anandan M who retired as the Managing Director of Chola MS on March 31.
The company offers fire, engineering, motor, health, liability, marine, travel and rural insurance for individuals, SME’s and corporates. (ANI)
- Chola MS targets Rs.2,500 crore premium by 2014-15 - Sep 03, 2012
- Chola MS targets Rs.900 crore premium in 2010-11 - Jul 16, 2010
- Chola MS targets Rs.1,350 crore premium by March-end - Jan 02, 2012
- Chola Insurance to target Japanese, Korean firms for business - Aug 04, 2009
- Chola MS gets Rs.50 crore as additional capital - Feb 05, 2010
- Chola MS General targets Rs.1,400 crore premium in 2011-12 - Jun 02, 2011
- Non-life insurers need to be prudent in underwriting risks: GIC - Aug 18, 2012
- Insurance regulator slaps Rs.1.5 million fine on IndusInd Bank - Jul 06, 2012
- Chola MS targets Rs.800 crore premium - Feb 04, 2010
- Murugappa group not to exit insurance business - May 06, 2010
- Vehicle insurance via cellphone launched - Aug 27, 2012
- GIC having a relook at obligatory reinsurance contracts - Aug 17, 2012
- Murugappa to buy out DBS stake in Chola DBS Finance - Mar 30, 2010
- Damage by cyclone Thane to lower general insurers' profits - Jan 03, 2012
- South Indian Bank offers customers health insurance - Mar 17, 2010
Tags: anandan, cfo, chola, cholamandalam, company ltd, corporate planning, corporates, crore, finance exports, fire engineering, general insurance company, group companies, inception, marine travel, murugappa group, reinsurance, rural insurance, stiff price, tube products, vp finance