Google Pay-Per-View Service Coming SoonAugust 31st, 2010 - 7:43 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Aug 31, (THAINDIAN NEWS) As per the latest reports, the internet search behemoth Google is going to unveil a new pay-per-view movie service on YouTube its popular video sharing service. The company which is expanding operations in many segments in recent times is reportedly in negotiation with some of the leading studios of Hollywood. This will make its foray into a new arena where established players like Hulu, NetFlix and iTunes are battling it out. YouTube will charge the users 5 dollars per film as the industry buzz says. This makes it quite economical.
Earlier Google expressed its desire to jump into the online movie service bandwagon. It is also upbeat on the Google TV service which is going to be bundled with set top boxes and redefine the movie viewing experience of the users as the company claims. Needless to say the leading Hollywood studios have also warmed up to the possibility of their content reaching out to a huge number of users via the web. The studios are struggling to combat the menace of online piracy and nose-diving DVD sales in recent times.
Google has tasted success with its latest ventures including its web browser Chrome. It is in a sound position and in no mood to sell the popular YouTube brand. The new venture is sure to find many takers as the majority of web users still use Google for online search. Apple is also expected to add new features to its existing Apple TV service and the next year will witness the developments in the web TV service. The exact date of the service roll out is yet to be announced.
- Google plans pay per view movies on YouTube - Aug 31, 2010
- Sony Dash Comes With Hulu Plus Support Now - Dec 09, 2010
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- YouTube to diversify into movie rentals - Apr 27, 2011
- YouTube's new on-demand movie service locking horns with iTunes - Apr 27, 2011
- Google TV announces content partners for rollout - Oct 05, 2010
- Now internet users can watch who is spying on them - Mar 02, 2012
- Google launches 'cloud' service - Apr 25, 2012
- Hulu Now Available In New Sony LED TVs - Oct 14, 2010
- Apple TV Revamped, But Will It Be A Hit? - Sep 02, 2010
- Google axes five products - Jul 04, 2012
- Google unveils new ultra-high speed internet - Jul 27, 2012
- Reliance communication launches new 3G tablet for Rs.14,499 - Jul 19, 2012
- Google announces cloud-computing service - Jun 29, 2012
- Online streaming overtakes digital delivery as Blockbuster shuts shop - Sep 24, 2010
Tags: apple tv, bandwagon, behemoth, foray, google, hollywood studios, industry buzz, internet search, itunes, negotiation, netflix, new features, pay per view, piracy, search apple, segments, sound position, tv service, web tv, web users