Goody close to end, wants to be remembered as a fighter (Lead)March 15th, 2009 - 2:01 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 15 (IANS) Cancer-stricken British reality television star Jade Goody who is reported to be close to her end has said in a final interview that she wants to be remembered as a fighter.
Goody, 27, hopes to be remembered as a colourful and vibrant character who refused to be crushed by her cancer battle, dailymail.co.uk reports.
Goody is said to be “on the edge of a precipice” as her condition deteriorated Saturday night leading to fears she may not live more than a day.
The actress said she thought people would think of her as “a mouthy bird who irritated and entertained people in equal measure”.
“But I also want to be remembered as the girl who put up a fight and would never let herself get beaten down. I was given a death sentence but I didn’t let it kill me.
“I fought it, got married, got christened. I’m happy. I’ve achieved more in 27 years than some achieve in a lifetime. I could bitch about dying young but at the end of the day I can look back on my life and be proud of what I’ve done,” she explained.
The mother of two also said she would like to have a public funeral to say thank you to the millions of fans who have wished her well.
Goody is unable to speak and struggling for breath and was drifting in and out of consciousness, dailymail.co.uk said. Her family, including husband Jack Tweed, gathered at her bedside after a nurse urgently summoned them to the star’s Essex home here.
On being asked if Goody was close to the end, her publicist Max Clifford said: “The answer is, who knows? She was in a bad way last night, she was panicking. She has deteriorated, she is very weak. The nurse was obviously concerned and decided she should call Jack.”
Added a source: “The family was told maybe Jade would make it to Tuesday, but after such a bad night that’s been revised to Monday, and maybe sooner.”
- Jade Goody close to end - Mar 15, 2009
- Goody slipping away, 'got only hours left' (Second Lead) - Mar 15, 2009
- Gibb refused cancer scans: wife - Aug 19, 2012
- Jade Goody's condition worsens, loses sight in one eye - Mar 10, 2009
- Jade Goody's spirit visited me in court, says Jack Tweed - Mar 30, 2011
- It is now a matter of hours for Jade Goody - Mar 15, 2009
- Keegan, George separation final? - Aug 06, 2012
- Hallucinating Jade Goody says Where am I? - Feb 28, 2009
- Vanessa Paradis doesn't believe in soulmates - Jan 23, 2012
- Goodys hubby rushes to her bedside after emergency - Mar 14, 2009
- Hathaway delays wedding for work - Apr 16, 2012
- New bride Jade wants to be remembered as Goody - Feb 24, 2009
- Susan Boyle visited by late mother's spirit - Dec 11, 2011
- Goody's kids make Mother's Day cards for her - Mar 19, 2009
- Doctors praise fighter Jade Goody's strong heart - Mar 20, 2009
Tags: actress, cancer battle, consciousness, death sentence, essex, fears, final interview, jack tweed, jade, lifetime, london march, nurse, precipice, publicist max clifford, reality television, saturday night, television star, vibrant character