‘Good prisoner’ Boy George to be freed soonMay 10th, 2009 - 12:12 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 10 (ANI): Boy George will soon be freed from prison after serving just four months of his 15-month sentence.
The fallen pop idol will reportedly have an ankle tag and curfew when he walks out of Edmunds Hill jail in Suffolk.
The former Culture Club star was said to have entered the good books of the staff with his hard work as a 15-pound-a-week pot washer.
But his fellow inmates alleged the 47-year-old was getting special treatment due to his celebrity status.
“George is getting out of here in the shortest possible time,” News of the World quoted one lag as saying.
“He’s been a good prisoner like a lot of us, but he does seem to have been treated with kid gloves and it’s caused jealousy,” the lag added.
The Prison Service said: “We don’t comment on the release date of individual prisoners.”
The singer was sentenced to prison in January for falsely imprisoning a male escort in his East London flat and beating the 29-year-old after a drug-fuelled nude photo shoot. (ANI)
- Boy George declares himself "free" man after electronic tag removal - Sep 02, 2009
- Boy George plans comeback after prison release - Sep 08, 2009
- Boy George turns to raw diet to shed 'jail weight' - Sep 08, 2009
- Jack Tweed 'headed for same jail as Boy George' - Apr 25, 2009
- George Michael plays pool in his own jail cell - Sep 20, 2010
- Paul McCartney wrote jailed George Michael a letter - Oct 02, 2010
- Jailed George Michael gets hand-written letter from Macca - Oct 01, 2010
- George Michael painting walls in prison - Sep 26, 2010
- Boy George read classics during jail stint - Oct 20, 2009
- Boy George can't wait to go back to prison to perform for inmates - Jul 26, 2009
- Jailed George Michael being watched over by officers - Oct 03, 2010
- Jailed George Michael 'at self-harm risk' - Sep 24, 2010
- Inmates 'furious' over George Michael's 'special' treatment in jail - Sep 19, 2010
- Jailed George Michael struggling to sleep properly in his cell - Sep 26, 2010
- Pak to free 89 Indian prisoners on Friday - Apr 13, 2011
Tags: boy george, celebrity status, culture club, curfew, east london, edmunds hill, fellow inmates, four months, good books, jealousy, kid gloves, male escort, news of the world, pop idol, pot, prison service, prisoner boy, prisoners, release date, time news