Golden Globes Red Carpet Ruled By Nude ShadesJanuary 17th, 2011 - 8:42 pm ICT by GD
BY Meena Kar
Jan 17, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The spirit of the Golden Globes Awards kicked off, as the Hollywood beauties walked on the red carpet. However, although the carpet was red, the dresses of most of the celebrities were dominantly nude in color. No, that was definitely not the dress code. It was rather a sheer coincidence, that made many of the tinsel town hotties don nude shades, as they entered the Hilton Beverly Hotel with impeccable elegance.
Natalie Portman, who walked the red carpet in her nude pink satin dress by Viktor & Rolf Couture, looked beautiful with her expensive diamond jewelery. The drapy dress was teamed with no other jewelry, but just the right make-up to accentuate the best features of her face. It just seemed to be the right dress for receiving the best actress award. Even Scarlett Johansson sported the same color, but her dress was more elaborate and richly embellished with sequins and a netted tulip sleeve. The full length V-necked gown was fitted along her waist to rightly define her figure. The dress that Megan Fox sported was marked with a more contemporary design. It was skin fitted, with a sleek strap that was well adorned with rich work. It was boldly slitted at the bottom, to expose her toned and shapely legs. However, critics feel that her eye make up could have been better. The entire get-up of Sandra Bullock was one the most exclusive one. It was quite inspired by the oriental ethnicity. The one shouldered gown resembled to the look of a saree, with her fitted waistline, intricately highlighted with rich sequins. The metallic bangle and a cute Chinese hair cut, completed her graceful wardrobe for the evening.
The others who also preferred to don nude shades for the evening are, Carrie Underwood, Michelle Williams and Dianna Agron. Needless to say that although it was not formally stated, nude colors ruled the evening to become the unofficial dress code.
- SAG Awards 2011 Red Carpet Dominated By Plunging Neckline - Jan 31, 2011
- Sandra Bullock Shimmers At Golden Globe Awards 2011 - Jan 17, 2011
- Oscars: Fashion on the Red Carpet-Royal Purples & Fiery Reds - Feb 28, 2011
- 68th Annual Globe Golden Awards: The Fashion Quotient Stars In Pinks And Greens - Jan 17, 2011
- Desi girls opt for western outfits for IIFA green carpet - Jun 26, 2011
- 2011 Golden Globes Red Carpet Gets Blissfully Elegant - Jan 17, 2011
- From films to fashion - Cannes rolls out red carpet for all (With images) - May 23, 2012
- Style quotient at Oscars - hits and misses - Feb 28, 2011
- Dianna Agron romancing Sebastian Stan? - Jun 14, 2011
- Fake eyelashes Longoria's signature style - Jun 19, 2012
- Indian clothes dominated Filmfare red carpet - Jan 30, 2011
- Dresses inspired by red carpet glamour in LFW (With Image) - Aug 09, 2011
- Julie Bowen Prefers Plunging Pants For SAG Awards - Jan 31, 2011
- Helena Bonham Carter Predicts That Her Oscar Dress Is Going To Be A "Catastrophe" - Feb 09, 2011
- MTV Movie Awards: Stars Dazzle On The Red Carpet - Jun 07, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,