Golden Globes NominationsJanuary 16th, 2011 - 8:48 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Jan 16, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Critics’ Choice Awards’ hangover has not concluded yet but it seems that soon the movie buffs and those from the entertainment world are all set to fall prey to yet another sizzling award ceremony, the Golden Globes Awards. The authorities of this award ceremony, have already released the nominations for the 68th Annual Golden Globe Awards.
However, one cannot deny that the nominations of this particular award in not very different from that of Critics’ Choice Awards. In almost all the categories, the nominees are more or less the same. Yet, that definitely has a reason, as these few films actually succeeded in making a big mark amongst a host of films that were released this year. The five films, that has been selected for the best motion picture category are “Black Swan”, “The Fighter”, “Inception, “The Social Network” and “The King’s Speech”. In the best performance by an actress in the motion picture category, the nominees are Halle Berry, Nicole Kidman, Jennifer Lawrence, Natalie Portman and Michelle Williams. The nominees for best performance by an actor in the motion picture category are Jesse Eisenberg, Colin Firth, James Franco, Ryan Gosling and Mark Wahlberg.
Natalie Portman, who bagged the same award in the Critics’ Choice Awards too, said that it is a very good way to reinstate that people have enjoyed her work. She added that she finds it quite exciting to sport elegant dresses and walk the red carpet. However, the best part follows when she goes back home with an award, to get charged up with a new spirit. Similarly, Jesse Eisenberg who missed the Critics’ Choice Award by an inch, stated that although he does not know the real Mark Zuckerberg, he could certainly relate to the character.
- Firth, Portman get best actor awards at Golden Globe - Jan 17, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' rules at Golden Globe nominations (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- 'The King's Speech' leads BAFTA nominations - Jan 18, 2011
- "The King's Speech" Ruled The SAG Awards 2011 - Jan 31, 2011
- "Black swan", "The Social Network" Nominated For WGA Awards - Jan 05, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' leads Oscar race with 12 nominations - Jan 25, 2011
- Christian Bale Wins Early Golden Globe for 'Fighter' - Jan 17, 2011
- Colin Firth, Natalie Portman Walk Away With SAG Awards - Feb 01, 2011
- 'The Social Network' bags National Critics Award - Jan 10, 2011
- Chicago's film critics named 'The Social Network' best film of 2010 - Dec 25, 2010
- Rosario Dawson and Angie Harmon announced the 2011 SAG nominations - Dec 17, 2010
- Critics' Choice Awards 2011: A Star-Studded Affair - Jan 15, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' dominates Oscar nominations - Jan 26, 2011
- Full List of Golden Globe Winners: 2011 - Jan 17, 2011
- 68th Golden Globe Awards 2011 Winners Declared - Jan 17, 2011
Tags: award ceremony, black swan, colin firth, critics choice award, critics choice awards, elegant dresses, entertainment world, golden globe awards, golden globes awards, golden globes nominations, james franco, jesse eisenberg, mark wahlberg, mark zuckerberg, movie buffs, natalie portman, new spirit, nicole kidman, red carpet, ryan gosling