Golden Globe nomination blessing beyond words: RahmanDecember 15th, 2010 - 8:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 15 (IANS) Double Oscar-winning Indian music composer A.R. Rahman is ecstatic about being nominated for the Golden Globe award for his work in Danny Boyle’s “127 Hours”. He says it is a “blessing beyond words”.”I am very grateful to the Hollywood foreign press for recognising our film. To collaborate with Danny Boyle is a joy in itself, and to receive recognition for the score makes it all the more joyous. This is a blessing beyond words,” Rahman posted on social networking sites Facebook and Twitter.
The Chennai-based composer has been nominated in the original score for a motion picture category and is competing with the likes of Alexandre Desplat (”The King’s Speech”), Danny Elfman (”Alice in Wonderland”), Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (”The Social Network”), and Hans Zimmer (”Inception”).
In 2009, Rahman had bagged a Golden Globe trophy for Boyle’s “Slumdog Millionaire”, for the music of which he had also won two Oscars the same year.
His work in “127 Hours” too has been appreciated.
In fact, American mountain climber Aron Ralston, on whose life “127 Hours” is based, had also earlier sent out a personal note to Rahman and lauded his music in the film.
The note read: “For A.R, Thank you for bringing your amazing music to my story - if only I had your soundtrack in the canyon, I could’ve lasted another 127 hours. Best Wishes, A.R. (Aron Ralston).”
- Rahman excited about British release of '127 Hours' - Jan 05, 2011
- Rahman gets Golden Globe nomination for '127 Hours' - Dec 14, 2010
- 'Jai ho' Rahman at Golden Globe nominations again (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Rahman loses out on Globe Globe (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- A.R Rahman: Nominated For Golden Globe Awards For 127 Hours - Dec 15, 2010
- Rahman loses out on Golden Globes to 'The Social Network' - Jan 17, 2011
- Rahman gets BAFTA nomination for '127 Hours' music - Jan 18, 2011
- A.R.Rahman Fails To Be Second Time Lucky At Golden Globes! - Jan 17, 2011
- Rahman in Oscar run again with two nominations for '127 Hours' - Jan 25, 2011
- Rahman loses BAFTA - Feb 14, 2011
- A.R Rahman Nominated For The 83rd Annual Academy Awards Twice - Jan 26, 2011
- Rahman honoured at World Economic Forum - Jan 27, 2011
- Aron Ralston praises Rahman for '127 Hours' music - Dec 09, 2010
- Double loss for Rahman - loses Oscar for original song too - Feb 28, 2011
- Rahman to launch music video with Dido? - Jan 04, 2011
Tags: alexandre desplat, alice in wonderland, aron ralston, atticus ross, danny boyle, danny elfman, facebook, golden globe award, golden globe nomination, hans zimmer, hollywood foreign press, indian music, motion picture, mountain climber, music composer, original score, oscars, personal note, social networking sites, trent reznor