‘Golden Girl’ star Rue McClanahan dies at 76June 4th, 2010 - 1:11 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, June 3 (DPA) Actress Rue McClanahan, who starred as an ageing, sex-obsessed southern belle in the hit comedy series “The Golden Girls”, has died aged 76.
Her manager, Barbara Lawrence, told People magazine that she died in a New York hospital Thursday morning after suffering a “massive stroke”.
McClanahan won an Emmy award in 1977 as the year’s outstanding comic actress for her role in “Golden Girls”, a sitcom about four middle-aged women sharing an apartment in Miami.
Born in Oklahoma in 1934 she had been married six times.
- Golden Girls' Rue McClanahan passes away at 76 - Jun 04, 2010
- 'Golden Girls' Actress Rue McClanahan Suffers Stroke - Jan 15, 2010
- 88 Year Old Betty White Signs Deal For New Sitcom - Mar 17, 2010
- Rue McClanahan Death Reminds Fans Of Estelle Getty - Jun 04, 2010
- TV show 'Golden Girls' to get a Spanish makeover - Jul 28, 2010
- 'The Golden Girls' star Beatrice Arthur passes away at 86 - Apr 26, 2009
- Golden Girl Rue McCalanahan dies at age 76 - Jun 04, 2010
- Golden Girls' Rue McClanahan suffers a stroke - Jan 15, 2010
- "The Golden Girls" Reborn In Span - Jul 28, 2010
- Jewel gives an emotionally charged performance at Emmys - Aug 30, 2010
- Historic, comedy interests Biel - Jul 31, 2012
- Primetime Emmy Awards 2010 Winners Walk The Red Carpet With Glory - Aug 30, 2010
- Jennifer Aniston lands raunchy movie role - Jun 10, 2010
- Pressly pees to please or tease? - Aug 13, 2009
- 'Stress test' to identify 'reefs of hope' in climate change era - Mar 23, 2011
Tags: actress, apartment, comedy series, dpa, emmy award, girl star, golden girl, golden girls, june 3, massive stroke, middle aged women, new york hospital, people magazine, rue mcclanahan, sitcom, six times, southern belle, thursday morning