‘God Father’ treat for Upendra fans (Kannada Movie Review)July 29th, 2012 - 9:04 pm ICT by IANS
Film: “God Father”; Cast: Upendra (in triple role), Soundarya, Catherine, Ramesh Bhat, Sudha Belawadi, Kurigalu Prathap, Keerthiraj, Sathyajith, Siddaraj Kalyankar and others; Director: Sethu Sriram; Producer: K.Manju; Music: A.R Rehman; Editor: Basavaraja Urs; Rating: ***
“God Father”, directed by debutant Sethu Sriram, is the remake of Ajit starrer Tamil movie “Varalaaru”.
“God Father” has got many highpoints - internationally acclaimed music maestro A.R. Rehman has composed music for a Kannada film for the first time. Also, southern superstar Upendra has played three different roles in the film.
However, more than the script, it was the lead actor’s performance that grabbed the viewers’ attention. Upendra takes the film to a dizzying height in triple roles. He plays a rich industrialist Shiva and his two sons Vijay and Ajay with aplomb.
Some of the drawbacks of “God Father” includes not so convincing cast and a dull start. Debutant Soundarya needs to learn nuances of acting, though she looks charming in song sequences.
Catherine is a bad selection, while veteran artists Ramesh Bhat and Sathyajith have done well in their roles.
Compared to first half, the second half is engaging thanks to twists and turns in the story line. Sriram’s cinematography is better than his directorial skills.
The editor has done a good job through his sharp editing skills and it keeps the film engaging.
All in all “God Father” is a clear winner and will surely be a treat for Upendra’s fans.
- 'Preethiya Loka' dull fare (Kannada Movie Review) - Jul 15, 2012
- 'Hare Rama Hare Krishna'; test of audiences' patience (Kannada Movie Review) - Jul 31, 2011
- 'Seena' - violence, violence and more violence (Kannada Film Review) - May 10, 2009
- 'Katari Veera Sura Sundaraangi' paisa vasool movie (Kannada Movie Review) - May 11, 2012
- 'Gowri Putra' - an average affair (Kannada Movie Review) - Jul 28, 2012
- Watch 'Breaking News' for Radhika-Ajay's performance (Kannada Movie Review) - May 20, 2012
- By R.G.Vijayasarathy, Bangalore - May 10, 2009
- 'Uyyale' a sincere attempt (Kannada Film Review) - Mar 20, 2011
- Raam Sethu Completes Shooting - Sep 27, 2010
- Hara - Rajnikanth's Next Film - Oct 28, 2010
- 'Mr. Duplicate' a bad copy of 'Minnale' (Kannada Film Review) - Aug 06, 2011
- 'Alemari' - watch it for Yogi (Kannada Movie Review) - Mar 10, 2012
- Upendra steals the show in racy 'Dubai Babu' (Kannada Film Review) - May 23, 2009
- Rajnikanth is taken ill, hospitalised - Apr 29, 2011
- Rajnikanth falls ill, briefly hospitalised (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: ajay, ajit, aplomb, bhat, cinematography, god father, good job, highpoints, kannada film, manju, music maestro, nuances, ramesh, rehman, rich industrialist, shiva, song sequences, sudha, twists and turns, veteran artists