Goa to host first Indian TV festivalAugust 3rd, 2012 - 8:14 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 3 (IANS) The Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF) Friday announced the launch of a two-day Indian TV Fest, to be held in Goa in November.
The festival, scheduled for Nov 2-3, will play host to interactive seminars, key-note sessions, events, content, business services technology and service pavilions, performances and sporting activities.
It will be attended by key members of the country’s TV industry.
“This is more than just a festival. It’s an opportunity for Indian and global broadcasters to grow in a market that’s considered to be the fastest growing,” Uday Shankar, IBF president, said in a statement Friday.
“With a current reach of over 140 million homes, the market with a population of 1.2 billion holds a great opportunity and the event is an ideal platform to look at opportunities that lie ahead for augmenting this dynamic industry,” he added.
Among the festival’s core committee members are Sunil Lulla, Keertan Adyanthaya, Monica Tata and Lydia Buthello.
- Indian TV fest in Goa rescheduled - Sep 14, 2012
- FICCI-FRAMES 2012 set to kick-off Wednesday (Curtain-raiser) - Mar 13, 2012
- Fox International launches 7 new channels in India - Jun 30, 2010
- Neeta Lulla to present 'Radha' at LFW - Jul 17, 2012
- Must address problems of $2 bn Indian film industry: Experts - Mar 23, 2011
- Eight Indian exhibitors to participate in BroadcastAsia2011 - May 03, 2011
- First urban flea market for pooches - Jan 13, 2012
- National Geographic plans reality show on army - Oct 28, 2010
- Sunburn heads to Sri Lanka - Aug 16, 2012
- Special committee for TRP soon: Ambika Soni - Aug 27, 2012
- Kamal Haasan concerned over declining growth of film industry - Nov 11, 2010
- National Geographic launched in Bengali - Oct 14, 2010
- Government prefers self-regulation by media, says Soni (Lead) - Mar 31, 2010
- Winner of this TV show will train with the Indian Army - Feb 24, 2011
- Arjun to walk Cannes red carpet with wife - May 08, 2012
Tags: broadcasters, committee members, content business, core committee, dynamic industry, goa, ibf, indian tv, interactive seminars, launch, lydia, mumbai, nov 2, pavilions, s tv, services technology, tata, tv festival, tv industry, uday shankar