Go for layering in winter, suggests Dannii MinogueJanuary 7th, 2012 - 8:35 am ICT by IANS
London, Jan 7 (IANS) For all those with wardrobe woes in winters, Australian singer Dannii Minogue suggests layering is the way!
The 40-year-old star says the technique will not just “boost the versatility of your wardrobe”, but is also good for a “graceful transition” from the cold winter air to a heated indoor place, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“The focus is definitely on keeping warm, snuggling up and doing whatever it takes to survive the last stretch before spring arrives. The good news is that layering with different textures, fabrics and patterns was one of this season’s hottest trends on Fashion Week runways,” said Minogue.
“Layering boosts the versatility of your wardrobe because you can mix and match pieces to achieve all sorts of unique looks that highlight your individuality. And layering is the best way to make a graceful transition from the chilly outdoors to central heating inside,” she added.
The singer had herself found layering to be very useful when she was pregnant with 18-month-old son Ethan, her first child with partner Kris Smith.
In terms of fashion, Minogue enjoys mixing prints and textures.
“I really got into layering when I was pregnant with Ethan. I had so many pairs of jeggings and leggings, lots of stretchy long-sleeved tops and a couple of long cardigans and scarves, which were great to wrap around me when I was feeling protective of my bump,” she said.
- No more heels for Dannii Minogue - Mar 01, 2012
- Minogue's 'tacky' meeting with boyfriend - Nov 07, 2011
- Dannii Minogue says that she is not pregnant - Jul 26, 2011
- Here's how to wear jeggings if you're curvy, short - Dec 04, 2010
- Minogue wants dresses with flattering arms - Jun 29, 2011
- Dannii Minogue wants to design for Adele - Mar 27, 2012
- Dannii Minogue, Kris Smith split - Apr 04, 2012
- Dannii denies split with beau - May 31, 2011
- Turn on unisex fashion this winter - Nov 24, 2011
- Dannii Minogue has sporty son - Aug 09, 2012
- Dannii Minogue gets iPod doll for son - Sep 07, 2011
- Dannii Minogue miserable after split - Apr 05, 2012
- Dannii Minogue gets motivation from son - Aug 08, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth a fashion icon: Minogue - May 08, 2012
- Minogue's son big for his age - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: australian singer, boosts, bump, cardigans, central heating, cold winter air, dannii minogue, fashion week, individuality, jan 7, leggings, london jan, old star, runways, scarves, son ethan, unique looks, versatility, wardrobe, woes