Gloria Trevi’s bodyguards accused of assaultMay 24th, 2012 - 1:33 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, May 24 (IANS/EFE) A fan filed a lawsuit against Mexican singer Gloria Trevi’s security team for an alleged attack that occurred during one of her concerts in Los Angeles, the TMZ website reported.
The plaintiff, Elvis Navarro, is demanding $1 million for “mental and physical harm”.
The incident, according to documents presented in the Superior Court of Los Angeles County, took place May 11 at the Nokia Theater.
According to Navarro, Trevi’s bodyguards beat him, threw him to the ground and handcuffed him in front of the 4,000 people attending the concert, a situation that he says was very humiliating.
Navarro did not provide any details regarding how the incident started.
The news of the lawsuit comes on the same day that Trevi launched her live album “Gloria en vivo” in the US in which she performs some of her best-known songs.
- Mexican singer needs more dental surgery after bad fall - Aug 12, 2011
- Gloria Trevi admits to stage fright - Feb 18, 2012
- Mexican singer operated for face injury - Jul 16, 2011
- Gloria Trevi presents second single of new album - May 10, 2011
- Antonio Banderas, Jessica Alba win best actor awards - Sep 13, 2011
- Has Spears settled harassment lawsuit? - Mar 02, 2012
- Concert promoters termed MJ 'emotionally paralyzed mess' - Sep 03, 2012
- Litzy, Eugenio Siller to star in new TV soap opera - Aug 31, 2011
- Evicted grandmother chains herself to Spain's central bank - May 01, 2012
- Ex `Survivor' producer arraigned in Mexico for wife's murder - Feb 16, 2012
- Shia LaBeouf 'handcuffed by police after bar brawl in LA' - Feb 06, 2011
- Herrera sketches `very flirty' woman in new collection - Sep 11, 2012
- Simpson's father held for drunk driving - Aug 11, 2012
- Bus passengers lynch robber in Mexico - May 25, 2012
- Ex-manager files lawsuit against MJ's estate - Feb 18, 2012
Tags: 1 million, alleged attack, best known songs, concerts, elvis, gloria trevi, los angeles county, may 24, mexican singer, mj, navarro, nokia, physical harm, plaintiff, security team, singer gloria, superior court of los angeles, superior court of los angeles county, tmz