Gloria Trevi admits to stage frightFebruary 18th, 2012 - 12:46 pm ICT by IANS
Miami, Feb 18 (IANS/EFE) Singer Gloria Trevi, who has sold 22 million albums since she burst on the music scene in 1985, told EFE that she still suffers from stage fright.
“They don’t pay me to sing. They pay me for what I feel before I go on stage,” the 44-year-old Mexican star said during a visit to Miami for Thursday night’s Premios Lo Nuestro awards gala, where she performed her new single, “Gloria”.
“I get very nervous. So the first notes are almost always kind of out of tune,” Trevi said.
Besides scoring a string of hits as a recording artist, Trevi has written songs for Edith Marquez, Anahi, Alejandro Fernandez, Espinoza Paz, Alejandra Guzman and Pandora.
- Mexican singer operated for face injury - Jul 16, 2011
- Gloria Trevi presents second single of new album - May 10, 2011
- Gloria Trevi's bodyguards accused of assault - May 24, 2012
- Composer of hits for Daddy Yankee releases single - Jun 01, 2011
- Pitbull gets award for his influence on music - Apr 02, 2012
- Mexican singer needs more dental surgery after bad fall - Aug 12, 2011
- Anahi makes US debut as shoe designer - Aug 22, 2012
- Spanish singer a judge on Mexican TV competition - Aug 10, 2011
- Ricky Martin, Reik to perform at awards show - Jul 08, 2011
- Gerardo Ortiz tops Billboard Latin Albums chart - Sep 16, 2011
- Singer Jenni Rivera to have TV programme - Sep 30, 2011
- Geraldo Ortiz nominated for 10 Billboard awards - Aug 26, 2011
- Enrique Iglesias the big winner at Latin music awards - Apr 30, 2011
- Alejandra Guzman marks 20 years in music - Aug 10, 2011
- Colombian court quashes lawsuit against Garcia Marquez - Dec 01, 2011