Glitz, glamour galore at Imran-Avantika wedding receptionFebruary 6th, 2011 - 3:35 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 6 (IANS) Be it out of love for the newly-married couple or for the sheer goodwill their superstar uncle Aamir Khan enjoys, people from every generation in Bollywood along with bureaucrats, businessmen, politicians and players graced actor Imraan Khan and Avantika’s wedding reception.The party at the Taj Lands End hotel started late Saturday evening and continued until Sunday morning. Shah Rukh Khan was the last to arrive late in the morning and he was at his jovial best.
Aamir received him at the gate with a warm hug.
When asked why he got so late, Shah Rukh jokingly said: “I am running one day late in my life, but it was out of love for Aamir that I made sure that I attend the ceremony.”
But he quickly added: “I was actually shooting. I was working so I told him that I would come late and they are so sweet that they waited for me. Imran and Avantika are my young friends, so I wanted to come and wish them.”
Shah Rukh and his wife Gauri are seen as the ideal couple in Bollywood, but the superstar didn’t give any golden tips to the couple. “I charge for my advice. I don’t give free advice to anyone,” he joked again.
But on serious note, he added: “They are just married, so I wont give them any tips now. I have told Imran and Avantika to come and sit with me and I will make them understand how to lead a best marriage life.”
Asked what he gifted to the couple, he said: “I hugged them tightly with love. I don’t think any gift can be bigger than my heartfelt love.”
Imran married his long time girlfriend Avantika Jan 10 and soon after the wedding the couple went to Thailand for their honeymoon.
Among the first ones to arrive at the gala was master blaster Sachin Tendulkar with wife Anjali. Yuvraj Singh and boxer Vijendra followed them. They stayed for few minutes and left after wishing the couple.
From the film fraternity, the whole Kapoor family - Shammi Kapoor and his nephews Rishi Rapoor and Randhir Kapoor came together to bless the newly weds. Kareena Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor too joined them.
“Imran is a very dear friend of mine. I want to wish them a very happy married life,” said Ranbir.
Dev Anand and very surprisingly, Dilip Kumar with wife Saira Banu, too graced the occasion.
“At such occasions, we exchange smiles and wish an everlasting married life,” said Dev Anand.
Salman Khan, R. Madhavan with wife Sarita, Akshay Kumar with wife Twinkle Khanna, Hrithik Roshan with wife Sussanne Khan, Suniel Shettty, Govinda, Jackie Shroff, Bobby Deol, Anupam Kher, Irrfan Khan, Dharmendra, Vinod Khanna, Tusshar Kapoor ans his father Jitendra, Zayed Khan and Sanjay Khan were among the clebrities who attended the bash.
Bollywood beauties Madhuri Dixit, Juhi Chawla, Priyanka Chopra, Katrina Kaif, Preity Zinta, Anushka Sharma, Rani Mukherji and Vidya Balan too came. Deepika Padukone was there with her friend Siddharth Malya.
“Imran and Avantika make a very sweet couple and I wish them a very, very happy married life,” said Vidya.
Priyanka said: “I wish them many many years of togetherness.”
Juhi recalled: “I know Imran since he was a kid. He played the role of young Aamir in ‘Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak’. I wish them all the very best and a very happy married life.”
Among Bollwood producers and directors, Ashutosh Gowarikar with wife Sunita, Milan Luthria with wife Liane, Sudhir Mishra, Raju Hirani, Imtiyaz Ali, Vidhu Vinod Chopra, Yash Chopra with wife Pamela, Mukesh Bhatt and Farah Khan came to wish the couple.
“I wish them that they should love each other for ever like this and make a very happy married life,” said Yash Chopra.
Singer Bappi Lahiri, Rupkumar Rathore, Alka Yagnik lyricists Javed Akhtar and Prasoon Joshi were seen at the do.
Even warring cousins Raj Thackeray of the Maharashtra Navanirman Sena and Uddhav Thackeray of the Shiv Sena came under one roof to bless the couple.
Megastar Amitabh Bachhan and his family, however could not attend.
“We are vey happy that all friends, colleagues and seniors are attending the reception to give best wishes to Imran and Avantika. I spoke to Amitji yesterday and came to know he is not in town so he would be unable to attend the party,” Aamir told reporters.
- Imran Khan Flies For Phuket Honeymoon With Avantika And 50 Guests! - Jan 11, 2011
- Imran, Avantika tie the knot, to honeymoon in Thailand - Jan 11, 2011
- I had a huge crush on Juhi Chawla: Imran Khan - Jun 18, 2010
- Veteran actor Shammi Kapoor is dead (Fourth Lead) - Aug 14, 2011
- Katrina inspired by Imran to turn producer - Aug 11, 2011
- Love stories good, but I want to experiment: Imran Khan (Interview) - Dec 06, 2010
- Imran Khan, Avantika Malik: The Sangeet Ceremony And Solemnizing Of The Wedding In Karjat Farmhouse - Jan 10, 2011
- My father was a lively person: Shammi Kapoor's son - Aug 14, 2011
- B-Town excited about Karan Johar's birthday bash - May 23, 2012
- Aamir Khan goes bold with 'Delhi Belly' (IANS Preview) - Jun 28, 2011
- Aamir thanks Akshat, Abhinay for 'Delhi Belly' success - Jul 07, 2011
- Family, friends pour in at Shammi's residence to pay tribute - Aug 14, 2011
- Pre-wedding bash for Riteish and Genelia - Jan 25, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna most romantic Bollywood hero: Imran Khan (Film Snippets) - Jun 23, 2010
- Siddharth signs David Dhawan's next (Movie Snippets) - Jul 01, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,