Glenn Beck Suffering From Macular DystrophyJuly 20th, 2010 - 7:20 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
July 20, (THAINDIAN NEWS) If the recent statement of conservative radio and television talk show host Glenn Beck is to be believed, then he is progressing towards blindness and might become blind within a year’s time. This shocking news was revealed in front of the public by the host during his visit to Salt Lake City this weekend. Glenn Beck has said that he has been diagnosed with macular dystrophy, a kind of slowly progressive eye disorder that might lead to blindness.
The revelation was made in front of 6000 people who gathered to listen to him at the Salt Lake City where he stopped during his “American Revival” tour. Glenn Beck revealed that he had visited the doctor a few weeks ago and found that he could focus his eyes. The doctor according to Glenn Beck carried out all kinds of tests and said that his patient suffers from “macular dystrophy”. He added at the same time that keeping in mind the present condition, Glenn Beck might go blind next year or might never go blind at all.
Although the report and the prognosis that the doctor had provided Glenn Beck are not good; in front of the crowd the television host made his whole visit to the optometrist a light affair. He added jocularly that he can deal with not being able to see his wife and children but could not think of learning a whole new language, Braille as he is “too darn lazy”. However, Glenn Beck did not miss the opportunity to strike a note on Barack Obama’s recent health care reform bill. The host said that he would like to visit the best doctor available while he has the opportunity.
- Glenn Beck Declares He Might Turn Blind Within A Year - Jul 24, 2010
- Glenn Beck Diagnosed With Macular Dystrophy, Could Go Blind - Jul 20, 2010
- TV host Glenn Beck may be going blind - Jul 20, 2010
- Glenn Beck Announces That He May Become Blind - Jul 24, 2010
- Glenn Beck Inscribes A Message For MSNBC On His Fingernails - Jul 11, 2010
- Glenn Beck Comes Under Fire For Holocaust Remark About George Soros - Nov 14, 2010
- News Website "The Blaze" Launched By Glenn Beck - Sep 01, 2010
- London hospital to do Europe's first embryonic stem cell trial - Sep 24, 2011
- Blind daredevil to take on English Channel swim - May 01, 2012
- Rachel Maddow reveals on David Letterman show that she used to be a Glenn Beck fan - Dec 17, 2010
- Glenn Beck taking some time off to deal with his health problems - Oct 10, 2010
- Glenn Beck compares Norway victims to Hitler's youth camp - Jul 26, 2011
- Bionic eye can restore lost vision - Nov 03, 2010
- 'Glenn Beck's '10% of Muslims in world are terrorists' claims are "total nonsense"' - Dec 14, 2010
- Glenn Beck Apologises For Dragging Malia Obama Into Controversy - May 30, 2010
Tags: american revival, barack obama, best doctor, blindness, braille, conservative radio, dey, eye disorder, glenn beck, health care reform, madhuri, new language, optometrist, prognosis, revelation, revival tour, salt lake city, shocking news, talk show host, television host