“Glee” To Mark Its Comeback Post Super BowlJanuary 14th, 2011 - 7:57 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Jan 14, (THAINDIAN NEWS) After going off air for two months, “Glee” would finally return to the small screen. The last time people witnessed “Glee” was on December 7, 2010, with the Episode entitled as “A Very Glee Christmas”. However, “Glee” fans would soon get its glimpse from February 6, 2011, with its “Super Bowl Episode” right after the most awaited football match of the season.
This episode will kick off the second part of season 2. Brad Falchuk, the director and actor Matthew Morrison said that this is going to be the most expensive episodes of “Glee” ever. “Super Bowl Episode” will pay a tribute to football and the stars of the Super Bowl series. Some of the cast members would dress up as player, while others as cheer leaders. However, all of them would be dressing up like Zombies. Chris Colfer said that it ought to be a “Big One”. Actress Lea Michele said that it was quite enjoyable to dress up like a Zombie, in the middle of a football field and sing Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller.’ In this episode, Jane Lynch, who plays Sue Sylvester, will be interviewed by Katie Couric, for “World’s Biggest Loser”. That is because she asked the star Cheerios to choose either her or the “Glee” Club. They opted for the latter, leaving her isolated and team-less.
This episode was shot at a high school in Long Beach, California. Dressed as Zombies, the two most unrecognizable people in the show would be Dianna Agron and Kevin McHale. It will also give a special tribute to Michael Jackson and would feature songs by Katy Perry, The Black Eyed Peas and Lady Antebellum. Sources say that this return episode would invite more than 90 million viewers. Gary Levin said that he thinks this episode would be as big as the Super Bowl itself.
- "Glee" To come back On February 2011 - Jan 12, 2011
- Glee to cover 'Thriller' in post Super Bowl episode - Jan 14, 2011
- Glee: Tonsillitis Takes Toll On The Cast Members - Dec 13, 2010
- Glee's post-Super Bowl episode to feature MJ's 'Thriller' - Nov 19, 2010
- Glee: Valentine’s Day Special Episode To Be Full Of Love Songs - Jan 20, 2011
- Katy Perry loves Glee's episode on 'Teenage Dream' - Feb 07, 2011
- Katie Couric Admits Of Getting Aggressive For "Glee" - Feb 05, 2011
- Glee's Super Bowl Episode: In For A Bouquet Of Surprises With MJ’S Thriller - Jan 14, 2011
- "Glee" Star Dianna Agron Offers Apology For Controversial GQ Magazine Photos - Oct 22, 2010
- Agron's mother upset by her character - Apr 08, 2012
- 'Glee' Team Pays Tribute To Dr. Dre Through A New Funny Or Die Video - Jan 12, 2011
- 'The Trevor Project' sees spike in traffic after Glee episode - Mar 01, 2012
- Lea Michele doesn't regret GQ photoshoot - Nov 17, 2011
- The "Glee" Stars Go Wild In GQ Photo-Shoot - Oct 21, 2010
- Is there going to be a special Glee episode on Michael Jackson? - Aug 10, 2010
Tags: biggest loser, black eyed peas, cast members, cheer leaders, cheerios, colfer, dianna agron, football field, football match, gary levin, glee club, jane lynch, kar, katie couric, kevin mchale, long beach california, meena, million viewers, zombie, zombies