“Glee” Dedicates An Episode To FootballFebruary 8th, 2011 - 8:21 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Feb 8, (THAINDIAN NEWS) “Glee” featured one of the most awaited episodes “The Sue Sylvester Bowl Shuffle”, dedicated to football, right on the night of the Super Bowl on February 6. As the name suggests, the musical drama dedicated this episode to the popularity and rawness of the sports, revolving the plot around Sue Sylvester, the cheer-leading coach of the school. The episode not only attracted the “Glee” fans but also several other football lovers all over the nation.
The episode started when football coach Shannon Beiste, wants the school football players to join the “Glee” club” to curtail the disputes between the members and the non members before the school gets set for an inter-school match. Sue Sylvester, refuses to cheer the team, as she wants to attend the cheerleading Regionals competition, scheduled on the same night. However, she loses the competition for the first time in seven years, and is tagged as the “Loser Of The Year” on the TV. In the mean while, the “Glee” club decides to perform for the half time of the match, with “Thriller” a huge Micheal Jackson hit and “Head Will Roll”. It turns out to be a huge success, and the budget assigned for the cheer-leading club, now goes to the “Glee” club. The episode also has a good dose of action, along with crazy Zombie like make-up sported by the characters.
“The Sue Sylvester Bowl Shuffle” however did not turn out to be as good as it was expected. Although the hype was too much, the content was less fascinating. It attracted a viewer-ship of 27 million, but that was hardly anything, when related to the huge publicity conducted by the show. The prospects of the post Super Bowl time slot, is regarded as the most lucrative time to attract viewership. On that note, this episode was less productive. Nevertheless, the efforts were appreciated by the fans.
- Glee's post-Super Bowl episode to feature MJ's 'Thriller' - Nov 19, 2010
- "Glee" To Mark Its Comeback Post Super Bowl - Jan 14, 2011
- Katie Couric Admits Of Getting Aggressive For "Glee" - Feb 05, 2011
- "Glee" To come back On February 2011 - Jan 12, 2011
- 'Glee' Does California Gurls off Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' Hits - Feb 08, 2011
- Glee to cover 'Thriller' in post Super Bowl episode - Jan 14, 2011
- 'Glee' star Jane Lynch strips naked on live TV - Oct 12, 2010
- Three cheers for Indian culture, say IPL's foreign cheerleaders - Apr 12, 2012
- Latest Glee Club news - Aug 23, 2010
- Glee Sweeps Away With Three Awards At Golden Globe 2011 - Jan 17, 2011
- Glee Soars Past Elvis Presley In The Fastest Twenty Top 40 Hits – UK Charts - Jan 24, 2011
- Glee: Tonsillitis Takes Toll On The Cast Members - Dec 13, 2010
- "Glee" Glues The Audience With "Never Been Kissed" - Nov 10, 2010
- Goan leader plans to introduce cheerleading to football - Feb 11, 2011
- Bully Drama And Weddings In Glee's 'Furt' Episode - Nov 24, 2010
Tags: cheer, cheerleading regionals, football coach, football lovers, football players, glee club, half time, hype, inter school, kar, loser of the year, meena, micheal jackson, musical drama, school football, shuffle, sylvester, time slot, viewership, zombie