Glamour swimmer Stephanie Rice bares all for mens magAugust 3rd, 2008 - 2:47 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Aug 3 (ANI): Glamour swimmer Stephanie Rice has become the latest cover girl for FHM mens magazine, sporting stockings and stilettos in a steamy shoot that is sure to have tongues wagging.
The medley world record holder seems to be heading towards the same track that caused havoc for Australian runner Tamsyn Lewis prior to the Athens Games.
Lewis was caught up in a war of words with Jana Rawlinson, when the hurdler labelled Lewis a bikini babe.
According to experts, Rice’’s steamy shoot so close to the Beijing Games is a risk that will place increased pressure on her to perform while former triathlon champion Nici Andronicus believes it will also make her a target.
“It’’s not a distraction (to Rice) but it’’s a distraction to the other competitors because it puts a giant cross on your shoulders, and they will do everything they can to bring you down,”” the Daily Telegraph quoted Andronicus, who was a regular swimsuit cover girl during her career, as saying.
Brand managers and strategists say that the raunchy images will only cause harm to the 19-year-olds wholesome image with media buyer Harold Mitchell adding that the photos should be a one-off on Rices part.
Media strategist Barry O”Brien believes Rices family could find themselves under pressure as a result of the raunchy shoot, yet dismissed concerns it would ruin her career.
“It can backfire, but I don”t think it’’s going to neck her career. She’’s a great talent and, if she wins a gold medal, they”ll be lining up 10 deep,”” he said. (ANI)
- Stephanie Rice poses for raunchy spread in men''''s mag - Aug 14, 2008
- Sonakshi itching for an image makeover? - Nov 24, 2011
- Madhuri inspires Chitrangada's look in 'Kaafirana' - Feb 29, 2012
- Sprinter Tamsyn Lewis to marry cricketer Graham Manou - May 17, 2010
- Rachael Ray's Racy Photos Are In Great Demand - Jan 02, 2010
- Jana Rawlinson removes breast implants to boost track performance - Jan 04, 2010
- Beckham denies affair with prostitute, sues US magazine - Dec 31, 2010
- Ruby Rose poses in steamiest ever shoot for lads' mag FHM - Dec 04, 2010
- Sports Illustrated Swimsuit models revealed - Feb 14, 2011
- China set to challenge US dominance in pool - Jul 11, 2012
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley wants to go ugly - Jul 04, 2011
- Nicole Trunfio bares all for GQ magazine - Apr 05, 2011
- Being sexy is not my priority, says Rihanna - Mar 22, 2011
- ‘Glee’ Stars Pose for GQ Magazine - Oct 21, 2010
- David remains focus on bringing lying prostitute to justice - Oct 04, 2010
Tags: athens games, bikini babe, brand managers, cover girl, daily telegraph, distraction, harold mitchell, hurdler, jana rawlinson, media buyer, media strategist, o brien, stephanie rice, stilettos, strategists, tamsyn lewis, target, war of words, wholesome image, world record holder