Give kids their childhood back: Roshan AbbasAugust 19th, 2012 - 6:02 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 19 (IANS) Roshan Abbas is upset after watching the promo of a children’s reality show and blasts show makers for exploiting little ones for TRPs. He has lodged a complaint against the practice and is urging others to follow suit.
“What are we making our kids do?? That ‘chikni chameli’ by a seven-year-old kid is atrocious. Does anybody control this,” tweeted Abbas after seeing the promos.
The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) has drawn up new guidelines to prevent exploitation of children participating in TV shows and advertisements, but they have not come up with an age stipulation.
Abbas has urged parents and show makers to be a little considerate.
“Give kids their childhood back! How desperate are we and how desperate are those who put them there. We stoop so low in search of TRPs. What’s with the nails, the blindfolds, the fire! The pelvic thrusts and gestures,” he posted.
In fact, he has lodged a complaint with the Indian Broadcasting Foundation to stop this kind of practice.
“Don’t like the exploitation of kids on television? Complain to the Indian Broadcasting Foundation… I just did it,” posted Abbas, who made his directorial debut with “Always Kabhi Kabhi” last year.
Established in 1999, IBF is the country’s apex organisation of television broadcasters. It plays a significant role in protecting and promoting the interests of its members and freedom of electronic media in India.
- TV reality shows content causes concern in regulatory body - Jul 20, 2012
- Indian TV fest in Goa rescheduled - Sep 14, 2012
- Rakhi Sawant says Katrina follows her dance moves - Dec 19, 2011
- Don't treat Sunny Leone as outcast: Katju - Jan 10, 2012
- Rakhi's 'Pati Patni Aur Woh' raises Krishna Tirath's ire - Oct 01, 2009
- 'Pati, Patni Aur Woh' doesn't exploit children: NDTV Imagine - Oct 02, 2009
- Rakhi's 'Pati Patni Aur Woh' raises minister's ire (Lead) - Oct 01, 2009
- NGO demands Sahara retail chain ad to be withdrawn - Aug 23, 2012
- Why is Katrina 'Chikni Chameli'? - Dec 22, 2011
- TV channels beware, viewers watching your content - Aug 06, 2011
- Music industry hails new copyright law - May 23, 2012
- Move over 'Sheila', 'Chikni chameli' is here - Dec 24, 2011
- 'There can't be another Rakhi Sawant' (movie Snippets) - Dec 20, 2011
- Katrina as 'Chikni chameli' in 'Agneepath' - Nov 15, 2011
- Meant for private, national channels, Aamir's show to make history - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: abbas, advertisements, apex, apex organisation, blasts, chameli, directorial debut, electronic media, gestures, ibf, little ones, mumbai, nails, pelvic thrusts, promos, reality show, stipulation, television broadcasters, trps, tv shows