Give a chance to relationship through Bindass’ ‘Love Lock Up’January 5th, 2011 - 8:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 5 (IANS) After “Emotional Atyachaar”, which saw many relationships ending on a bitter note, UTV Bindaas will now work as a counsellor and offer couples struggling to stay in a relationship a chance to work on it through their new reality show “Love Lock Up”.”Our new show is a medium for married, unmarried or for that matter engaged couples, who are struggling to make their relationships work due to varied problems, to give their relationship a second chance and try to make it work,” Nikhil Gandhi, business head of the channel told IANS.
The show, which goes on air Jan 10, will see 13 young warring couples getting locked up for six days, away from home with no access to phones or television, where they can talk to each other and sort out their problems without any distraction.
It will also have a therapist, who would offer the participating couples counselling sessions. The couples will also be assigned certain fun tasks that they will have to perform together which will help them to understand each other better.
“We conducted a survey across seven cities in the country among people in the age group of 21 to 28, who were in a committed relationship but found that many were not happy with each other due to varied reasons and the most important was lack of communication,” Gandhi said.
“The whole purpose of locking the couple in a place, which is like a prison, is that they could talk to each other and sort out their problems,” he added.
Asked about the selection criteria, Gandhi said: “After receiving the entries we went to the back of the stories, filtered out people who just want publicity and finally selected people.”
The show will be hosted by Pravesh Rana who earlier hosted “Emotional Atyachaar” for the channel.
- 'Love Lock Up' Of UTV Bindaas: Give Your Relationship A Second Chance - Jan 06, 2011
- Couples don't have patience anymore: Pravesh Rana - Jan 11, 2011
- Love, sex and dhokha -- find it all on Indian television - Jul 14, 2011
- Ajay And Emraan On 'Emotional Atyachar 2' - Aug 03, 2010
- UTV Bindass To Syndicate 'Emotional Atyachaar' To The US - Aug 10, 2010
- Youth want sex, violence - not mush - on TV - Aug 29, 2010
- Reality of infidelity: Angad Bedi to host show - Dec 17, 2009
- Falling in love, heartbreaks popular on reality TV - Feb 13, 2010
- Gear up for reality, Bollywood overdose on small screen - Jan 01, 2011
- Distance makes heart grow fonder - does it? (Feature) - May 08, 2012
- Kinshuk strikes right balance after marriage (TV Snippets) - Mar 06, 2012
- I won't do reality shows: Vivan Bhatena - May 06, 2010
- Nida Mahmood designs for UTV Bindaas' new show - Mar 01, 2011
- Americans increasingly seeking counselling before entering into relationships - Sep 04, 2010
- Court notice to UTV reality show 'Emotional Atyachaar' - Feb 23, 2011
Tags: age group, business head, committed relationship, counsellor, couples, distraction, gandhi, lack of communication, love, New Delhi, new reality show, publicity, rana, relationships, second chance, selection criteria, sessions, seven cities, six days, television