Gisele Bundchen, Tom Brady’s wedding shooting lawsuit dismissedMay 28th, 2010 - 3:02 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 28 (ANI): A lawsuit filed against supermodel Gisele Bundchen and her husband Tom Brady over an alleged shooting incident at the couple’s Costa Rica wedding has been dismissed by a New York judge.
The stars were sued by paparazzi photographers Yuri Cortez and Rolando Aviles in September (09).
Cortez and Aviles, both citizens of Costa Rica, claimed that bodyguards had shot at them, shattering the rear window of their vehicle, as they attempted to take unauthorised pictures of the wedding, which took place last April (09).
They accused Bundchen and Brady of negligence in hiring and training the security team and filed papers in a New York court, demanding more than 666,000 pounds in damages.
However, the case was thrown out by New York State Supreme Court Justice Judith Gische after she declared there was no reason for the lawsuit to be tried in the U.S.
“This complaint must otherwise be dismissed because the court does not have personal jurisdiction over either of the defendants. Costa Rica is a substantially more convenient forum for the parties’ disputes than New York,” the Daily Express quoted Gische as saying. (ANI)
- Gisele Bundchen's security guards to stand trial for attempted murder - Apr 03, 2011
- Guard at Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady's wedding shoots at photogs - Apr 06, 2009
- Tom Brady blasts reports of Gisele Bundchen's pregnancy - May 29, 2009
- Supermodel Gisele Bundchen gives birth to Tom Brady's son - Dec 10, 2009
- 'Gisele Bundchen is pregnant' - May 23, 2009
- Gisele Bundchen not pregnant, says husband - May 29, 2009
- Wes Welker sad after Super Bowl loss - Feb 07, 2012
- US bride loses lawsuit filed against photog over underwear pics - Oct 06, 2010
- Gisele Bundchen's dress fetches $50K in auction - Sep 27, 2010
- Gisele Bundchen sparks pregnancy rumours - May 06, 2009
- Heidi Montag calls off divorce - Oct 01, 2010
- Gaga raises funds for poor - May 11, 2011
- Tom Brady pops the question to Gisele Bundchen mid-air - Dec 27, 2008
- Gisele Bundchen's rep speaks out about model kissing mystery man - Oct 07, 2010
- Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen engaged - Jan 13, 2009
Tags: aviles, citizens, costa rica, daily express, damages, gisele bundchen, gisele bundchen tom brady, negligence, new york state, personal jurisdiction, photographers, rear window, rolando, security team, state supreme court, supermodel gisele bundchen, supreme court justice, tom brady, york judge, yuri cortez