Girls getting intimate doesn’t suggest lesbianism, says Neetu ChandraJune 4th, 2009 - 5:15 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Denying rumours that she got carried away while shooting a provocative male fantasy photo shoot for the cover of a men’s magazine, actress Neetu Chandra (of Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye) has stated, “I very much knew what I was doing and never got carried away. But if there is even an iota of doubt in anyone’s mind, let me make it clear once and for all that I am not a lesbo.”
It can be recalled that Neetu was shooting for the cover of “The Man’ magazine with a model outside the lobby of a 3-star hotel last week, when a group of regular male customers started shouting “Jai Maharashtra” slogans and threatened action from Raj Thackeray’s Maharashrtra Navnirman Sena (MNS). They even tried to confiscate the camera, resulting in the shoot having to be abruptly called off.
Neetu had termed them as “some frustrated men, who just wanted my attention. When they didn’t get it, they started making a scene about the shoot and threatening us.”
Now there has been talk about some activists planning to burn copies of the said magazine when its issue carrying Neetu’s images releases next week, alleging that the images have lesbian connotations. But Neetu flatly denies the charge. “It’s about two girls getting intimate to arouse male interest. And that doesn’t mean it’s about lesbianism,” she reiterates.
She says the shoot has been done so aesthetically that several Bollywood biggies have complimented her after the pictures made its way into television channels and papers even before the magazine hit the stands. “I am getting so many congratulatory phone calls, SMS’s and emails,” says Neetu and adds that even her family members in the conservative city of Patna, instead of being embarrassed, have praised the pictures.
- Touchy-feely shoot lands Neetu Chandra in MNS trouble - May 21, 2009
- No vulgarity in my bathing scene: Neetu Chandra - Apr 16, 2010
- Neetu develops cold feet after MNS controversy - May 22, 2009
- I'm happy for the entire team: National Film Awards winner - Jan 23, 2010
- I was not popular with guys: Mila Kunis - Jul 19, 2012
- Dibakar Banerjee shoots extra scenes with Abhay Deol - Dec 17, 2011
- 'Double inuendo dialogue worse than abuse' - Mar 29, 2012
- I can dance better than most other actresses: Neetu Chandra (With Images) - Jun 24, 2010
- Your Facebook pics could be keeping nice friends away - Nov 07, 2011
- Shilpa plans V-Day for underprivileged (Movie Snippets) - Feb 01, 2011
- Abhay Deol's jitters in sky for 'Zindagi Na...' - Jun 22, 2011
- Musician Sneha defies convention, follows her heart - Aug 14, 2012
- The bold, naughty Bollywood heroine comes of age - Nov 18, 2011
- When photographer surprised Sonali (Movie Snippets) - Aug 02, 2011
- Censor board becoming more liberal: Director Dibakar Banerjee - Aug 03, 2012
Tags: 3 star hotel, biggies, connotations, conservative city, fantasy photo, iota, jai, lesbo, maharashtra, male customers, male fantasy, man magazine, neetu chandra, patna, photo shoot, raj thackeray, sena, slogans, television channels, two girls