Girls Aloud to reunite in 2012June 11th, 2011 - 2:43 am ICT by IANS
London, June 11 (IANS) British pop girl group Girls Aloud will return to the studio in January 2012 after their split in 2009.
The members of the group Cheryl Cole, Nadine Coyle, Sarah Harding, Nicola Roberts, Kimberley Walsh moved into different careers, including releasing solo records, acting, TV presenting and launching a make-up line, after their hiatus in 2009.
However sources confirmed Cole and Coyle recently bonded over the phone and showed interest of reuniting the group.
“They’re excited they’re going to be making a fresh start together on this next adventure of their lives. In six months time it’ll be back to work as normal - they are itching to get back in the studio,” contactmusic.com quoted a source as saying.
However Louis Walsh , judge of reality show “X Factor”, revealed that Cole is set to rejoin her bandmates: “She’s getting back with Girls Aloud in 2012 and they’re going to tour,” he said.
The girl band are now searching for new producers to make hits for them on their next album, after they parted company with the songwriting and production team Xenomania.
Some of the popular albums of the group are “The Sound of Girls Aloud”, “Out of Control” and “The Promise”.
- Cheryl Cole to reunite with Girls Aloud for 2012 tour - Jun 01, 2011
- Nadine Coyle confirms Girls Aloud reunion - Jul 20, 2011
- Nicola Roberts gives speech on Walsh's birthday - Nov 22, 2011
- Nicola Roberts unhappy with hiatus - Jan 31, 2012
- Next 'Girls Aloud' album will be different: Roberts - Sep 05, 2011
- Girls Aloud will not perform for 2 years - Aug 30, 2010
- Sarah Harding wants Girls Aloud to regroup - Oct 24, 2010
- Nadine Coyle sets up record label for debut album - Sep 07, 2010
- Girl Aloud will never split: Kimberly Walsh - Feb 07, 2011
- Girls Aloud to regroup without Nadine Coyle - Jul 29, 2010
- Walsh wants Girls Aloud reunion - Dec 05, 2011
- 'Girls Aloud' not splitting: Nicola Roberts - Apr 26, 2010
- Kimberley Walsh wants anonymity - Feb 05, 2011
- Girls Aloud urge Cheryl Cole to ditch cheating hubby Ashley - Feb 16, 2010
- Kimberley Walsh plans New Year party - Dec 24, 2010
Tags: bandmates, british pop, cheryl cole, fresh start, girl band, girl group, group girls, hiatus, kimberley walsh, louis walsh judge, nadine coyle, nicola roberts, pop girl, reality show, sarah harding, show x, six months, solo records, songwriting, x factor