Giorgio Armani Has No Plans To Expand In India SoonOctober 14th, 2010 - 7:43 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
October 14, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Italian fashion retailer Giorgio Armani revealed in a recent statement that his fashion label has no plans to further explore markets in India. However this does not mean that the Armani fashion range will not make it to the Indian markets in the future. In fact John Hooks, the Deputy Chairman of the Giorgio Armani Group, is of the opinion that the label will use this time to conduct a detailed research of the Indian market, so that when they do launch their brand, they can do so without committing any mistake.
When quizzed about his preference of markets within the country, John Hooks said that Giorgio Armani’s preferred locations in India were the cities of Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad and also passed a hint on the number of outlets that the fashion label plans to open in upcoming years. While John Hooks says that it may revolve around 10 to 12, the upper limit has not been revealed. The Armani label already operates two brands Giorgio Armani and Emporio Armani in the capital city and plans to open an outlet in Mumbai very soon.
John Hooks says that it is the scarcity of retail locations in the country that has forced the fashion label to put a halt on their expansion plans in India. A shortage of distribution channels also affects the expansion of a retail brand like Giorgio Armani. But John Hooks is optimistic that the current scenario of the Indian market will change soon.
– Sampurn Wire
- Rihanna is the new face of Armani - Jul 12, 2011
- Learn while you shop at Armani Junior store (With images) - Sep 08, 2012
- Suneet Varma to bring Armani Junior to India - Nov 29, 2011
- Pakistan fashion fraternity eyes franchises, collaborations in India - Apr 16, 2012
- Indian menswear brands holding own against international labels - Aug 06, 2012
- Armani to design outfits for Ricky Martin - Mar 19, 2011
- Megan Fox new face of Armani cosmetics - Aug 06, 2010
- Armani unveils Italian Olympic collection - May 17, 2012
- DLF Brands to open 10 lifestyle multi-brand retail stores - May 24, 2012
- Singer Blige to design footwear, clothes - Jun 03, 2012
- Shops, retail chains in malls down shutters against tax - Mar 07, 2011
- 'Global brands can generate jobs in India' (With Image) - May 21, 2012
- Pakistani textile brand to open 200 stores in India - Apr 14, 2012
- Giorgio Armani enters India with flagship boutique in Delhi - Oct 16, 2008
- Megan Fox Looks Sultry In Armani Underwear Advertisment - Jun 21, 2010
Tags: armani fashion, bangalore, deputy chairman, detailed research, distribution channels, expansion plans, fashion label, fashion range, fashion retailer, giorgio armani, hyderabad, indian markets, italian fashion, mumbai, preference, preferred locations, quizzed, retail brand, retail locations, scarcity