Ginger Spice goes on a garlic diet!December 19th, 2007 - 3:04 pm ICT by admin
Washington , Dec 19 (ANI): Spice Girl, Geri Halliwell has gone on a diet of beetroot, carrots and garlic to boost her immune system in order to stay healthy through the all girl bands grueling reunion world tour.
The mother of one is worried that her rigorous regime for the preparations for the concert may take its toll on her health.
Geri was working so hard to prepare for the tour. The girls are really pushing themselves to the limit, The Daily express quoted a source close to the group, as saying.
Geri, weighed down by guilt following her departure from the band in 1999, is under pressure to make it up to fans and is leaving no stone unturned to do the same.
The fans mean so much to her and she is scared about letting them down if she were to get ill. She wants to perform to the best of her ability every night, revealed the source.
35-year-old Geri is the oldest Spice and is worried that if something happens to her shell fail to join her teammates Victoria Beckham, Emma Bunton, Melanie B and Melanie C on stage.
However, eating so much garlic has also had another side-effect apart from bad breath. Geri has become the target for her bandmates fun, but shes keeping the bad smells at bay with breath fresheners and mints.
She also follows a daily regimen of one and a half hour of yoga to keep good health and help herself de-stress.
Shes very aware that even the slightest hint of a cold could keep her from performing and has been obsessively saying to people, Dont let me get ill, said the source.
The source also revealed that the tour can result in boosting the girls not so happening solo careers.
She sees this as the Spice Girls big chance to restart their careers, especially considering the patchy success of their solo careers. She wants to make sure that absolutely nothing goes wrong, added the source. (ANI)
- Spice girls still best friends - Aug 04, 2012
- Victoria back with Spice Girls for musical launch - Jun 25, 2012
- Spice Girls divided over plans to release album of unheard songs - Mar 03, 2011
- Spice Girls to unite again for Olympic closing ceremony (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- I don't need Spice Girls reunion : Mel C - Dec 03, 2011
- Halliwell to create another 'Spice Girls'? - Aug 09, 2010
- Mel B regrets missing Queen's celebrations - Jun 06, 2012
- Ger Haliwell hopes to convince Posh for 2012 Olympics - Jan 30, 2011
- Spice Girls to auction iconic clothes - Jun 29, 2012
- Spice Girls to cast Viva Forever musical - Jul 15, 2010
- Spice Girls reunite for a movie - Jul 23, 2010
- Spice Girls rock at closing ceremony - Aug 13, 2012
- Spice Girls may turn 'Viva Forever!' into movie - Jul 01, 2012
- Victoria left reunion party early for daughter - Jun 27, 2012
- No tour for Spice Girls: Mel C - Sep 05, 2011
Tags: bad breath, bad smells, breath fresheners, carrots, daily express, emma bunton, garlic, ginger spice, girl bands, good health, half hour, melanie b, melanie c, mints, rigorous regime, solo careers, spice girl, spice girls, target, victoria beckham