Gillian Anderson may snub X Files film sequelJune 8th, 2009 - 2:27 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 8 (ANI): Gillian Anderson may refuse to star in the X Files sequel, if reports are to be believed.
The 40-year-old, who appeared in the film The X Files: I Want To Believe last year, is said to be looking to putting herself out of the typecast.
“It took a while for Gillian to establish a career for herself outside the X Files and she’s now enjoying her acting more than ever before,” the Daily Express quoted a source as saying.
“She’s very proud of The X Files but feels her career has now moved on to a different phase,” the source added.
Gillian, who plays the FBI Special Agent Dana Scully in the cult TV show, previously confessed that it had been tough getting out of The X Files stereotype.
She said: “While I was doing it I imagined it wouldn’t possibly typecast me but it does to a certain degree.” (ANI)
- I've considered throwing in the towel, says Gillian Anderson - Mar 29, 2011
- Gillian Anderson confirms she'll appear in 'X-Files' movie 3 - Aug 24, 2009
- Gillian Anderson nearly lost her X-Files job after getting pregnant - May 04, 2009
- X-Files star Gillian Anderson lined up for Doctor Who - Apr 23, 2009
- Frozen lips leave Gillian Anderson speechless! - Jul 23, 2008
- Pammie was first choice for X-Files lead role! - Jul 24, 2008
- Gillian Anderson, Mark Griffiths call it quits - Aug 09, 2012
- Image trap doesn't bother Karan Grover (With Images) - Feb 27, 2012
- 'X-Files' writers believe in aliens - Aug 02, 2008
- Sigourney Weaver's 'Alien' role voted top Sci-Fi Woman of all Time - Jun 05, 2009
- Anderson selling off 'X-Files' memorabilia for charities - Jul 15, 2008
- Aamir's choice of films makes Kamal Haasan happy - Jan 01, 2012
- Pammie says her dream job would be playing a Bond Girl - Apr 22, 2010
- 'Kitani Mohabbat Hai season two is not a sequel' -- Kritika Kamra - Sep 10, 2010
- Will Neha match up to Ash thunder? - Sep 10, 2010