Gibson’s divorce battle to be Hollywood’s most expensiveApril 15th, 2009 - 4:33 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Apr 15 (ANI): Actor Mel Gibson’s divorce battle is likely to be Hollywood’s most expensive and quickest one.
According to the lawyers, divorce could settle within months although the couple will remain married until October.
Gibson’s wife Robyn filed for divorce in Los Angeles court citing “irreconcilable differences”.
Since there is no pre-nuptial agreement signed ahead of their 1980 marriage, under Californian law she is entitled to half of her husband’s wealth.
Robyn has roped in celebrity lawyer Laura Wasser whose clients include Angelina Jolie and Britney Spears.
Mel’s business empire, built up with the help of a friend from his Gallipoli filming days, Bruce Davey, includes the independent film and distribution company Icon Entertainment, which last year bought the Dendy cinema chain for 21 million dollars, reports the Daily Telegraph.
He added an ocean-view five-bedroom home of David Duchovny and Tea Leoni to his portfolio for USD 11.5 million to his Mailbu mansion.
The price was a snip compared to the USD 23 million he made in March last year for the sale of a Malibu oceanfront property his trust had bought in 2005 for 22,673,226 dollars.
Two years ago he sold his 28-room Greenwich, Connecticut, mansion for USD 39.5 million.
In May, 2007, Gibson bought a 160-plus-hectare ranch in Costa Rica for USD 25.8 million.
In 2004, the couple bought Fiji’s white sand-fringed Mago Island for USD 15 million with part of the proceeds from Gibson’s controversial movie The Passion of the Christ. (ANI)
- Gibson's former family mansion on sale - Jul 28, 2012
- Ex-wife gets huge cut in Gibson's retirement package - Sep 06, 2012
- Gibson, Moore seal divorce pact - Jun 29, 2011
- Gibson loses half fortune in divorce settlement - Dec 24, 2011
- Mel Gibson sells Connecticut estate - Jul 02, 2010
- Mel Gibson's wife sitting on a personal fortune worth $28M - Apr 24, 2009
- Mel Gibson's divorce finally going to come through - Apr 09, 2010
- Mel Gibson buys David Duchovnys Malibu mansion - Sep 22, 2008
- Mel Gibson, ex-wife sell art collection at a loss - May 24, 2010
- Gibson's wife refuses any ill-treatment - Jul 16, 2010
- David Duchovny, wife Tea Leoni split again - Jun 29, 2011
- Gibson wants new judge to hear divorce case - Apr 18, 2009
- Mel Gibson And Ex-Girlfriend Oksana Move To Court - Jun 30, 2010
- Gibson Misses his Wife - May 06, 2010
- Mel Gibson puts his Malibu estate on market for $14.5m - Mar 23, 2011
Tags: actor mel gibson, angelina jolie, britney spears, bruce davey, business empire, cinema chain, company icon, daily telegraph, david duchovny, david duchovny and tea leoni, dendy cinema, divorce battle, greenwich connecticut, irreconcilable differences, laura wasser, mel gibson, oceanfront property, passion of the christ, pre nuptial agreement, tea leoni