Gibson to pay child support to ex-girlfriend?April 18th, 2010 - 1:24 pm ICT by IANS
New York, April 18 (IANS) Actor Mel Gibson may have to pay a substantial amount of child support to ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva for their five-month-old daughter, Lucia following their break up.
According to attorney Steven Knowles, Gibson may have to shell out $12,000 to $15,000 a month as child support to Russian singer Grigorieva for their daughter, but probably has no legal responsibility to make alimony payments as they were not married.
“This is not dissolution of marriage action. The mother would have rights to child support, which in the case of Mr. Gibson, will be very substantial,” people.com quoted Knowles as saying.
“He is what we call a high-income earner, and there is a high-income earner stipulation that says they must pay any amount reasonably necessary for the support of the child.
“Merely living together and having a child does not give the mother any rights to property and certainly no spousal support,” said Knowles, who’s not involved in the Gibson action.
A close friend of the couple calls the split “amicable,” adding: “They’re still friends and they’ll both raise Lucia together.”
Meanwhile, Gibson is in the midst of a divorce from his wife of three decades, Robyn.
- Gibson to pay $750,000 to ex-girlfriend - Sep 01, 2011
- It's splitsville for Gibson, Russian girlfriend - Apr 15, 2010
- Mel Gibson 'splits' with Russian girlfriend - Apr 15, 2010
- Mel Gibson: The Best Dad, The Worst Partner! - Dec 08, 2010
- Mel Gibson must pay ex unpaid child support - Nov 11, 2010
- Mel Gibson could be behind bars - Oct 29, 2010
- Gibson, Grigorieva reach deal - Aug 28, 2011
- Grigorieva claims Gibson hurt their baby - Jul 16, 2010
- Gibson's lawyer slams his ex-girlfriend's allegations - Jun 28, 2010
- Mel Gibson And Ex-Girlfriend Oksana Move To Court - Jun 30, 2010
- Gibson's ex 'wants him to increase child support' - Aug 20, 2010
- Gibson 'offers ex only 1pc of his monthly living expenses for child support' - Aug 21, 2010
- Oksana's ex-bodyguard sides with Mel Gibson - Jan 21, 2011
- Gibson's wife refuses any ill-treatment - Jul 16, 2010
- Mel Gibson Wishes To Give 1% Of His Monthly Expense To Daughter - Aug 22, 2010
Tags: actor mel gibson, alimony payments, child support, daughter lucia, dissolution of marriage, divorce, ex girlfriend, grigorieva, legal responsibility, marriage, mel gibson, midst, mr gibson, russian singer, spousal support, stipulation, three decades