Gibb’s dying wish to go homeJune 12th, 2012 - 4:34 am ICT by IANS
London, June 12 (IANS) Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb, who passed away following a long battle with liver and colon cancer, told his wife Dwina he wanted to go home moments before he died.
“He mouthed to me, ‘Dwina, I want to go home.’ Instead, he is now on his last journey. But at least I know he is safe. I am proud of Robin’s life, what he has achieved and the inspiration and the happiness he gave so many people,” Dwina said.
“I am devastated to have lost my best friend, my husband, my brother. Robin was everything to me. I shall miss him for the rest of my life,” thesun.co.uk quoted Dwina as saying.
The veteran singer died aged 62 in a medical centre last month and was laid to rest after a moving funeral service Friday.
- Robin Gibb in coma - Apr 14, 2012
- Singer Gibb's wife pays tribute on funeral - Jun 10, 2012
- Dad died of kidney failure: Robin Gibb's son - May 27, 2012
- Gibb refused cancer scans: wife - Aug 19, 2012
- Robin Gibb's death was caused by kidney failure - May 28, 2012
- 'Stayin' Alive' singer Robin Gibb dead - May 21, 2012
- Heartaches could be payback time: Gibb - Mar 12, 2012
- Robin Gibb is battling liver cancer - Nov 21, 2011
- Horse-drawn carriage to carry Gibb's coffin - Jun 07, 2012
- Robin Gibb reveals how he almost died from a blocked intestine - Dec 21, 2010
- Robin Gibb battles pneumonia - Apr 09, 2012
- Robin Gibb unable to speak - May 17, 2012
- Fielder-Civil to visit Winehouse's grave for first time - Sep 03, 2012
- Robin Gibb 'recovering from emergency stomach surgery' - Sep 03, 2010
- Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb dies of cancer - May 22, 2012