Ghazal maestro gets a raw dealMarch 25th, 2009 - 7:05 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Such things can only happen in third world countries or say developing nations( to sound less offensive).
The news is that eighty-two-year-old Pakistani ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan is unable to foot his medical bills.
Reports say that he’s all set to be discharged from the Aga Khan hospital where he was recovering from a chronic lung infection, but his family is unable to pay the Rs 5 lakh to the private hospital.
His son has admitted that the family’s income is not enough to take care of the legendary singer’s medical bills.
However the hospital claims that he was treated free of cost.
Ironically, a cheque presented to the singer by former Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif had bounced and the veteran singer has apparently no hope of any money coming in.
It’s really sad to see the government not doing much for the sake of veteran artistes. Pakistan should concentrate on its culture and system more than making life difficult for others in the world. -Sampurn Media
- Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan is dead (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Big B mourns ghazal singer Mehdi Hassan's death - Jun 14, 2012
- Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan is dead (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Kashmiri artists and ghazal lovers mourn Mehdi Hassan - Jun 13, 2012
- Mamata Banerjee condoles Mehdi Hassan's death - Jun 13, 2012
- Mehdi Hassan to be discharged from hospital soon, family unable to pay medical bills - Mar 22, 2009
- Alka Yagnik, Kumar Sanu visit Mehdi Hassan's grave in Karachi - Jun 17, 2012
- Ali Zafar prays for Mehdi Hassan's good health - Jan 16, 2012
- Mehdi Hassan to be laid to rest Friday - Jun 13, 2012
- Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan battling illness - Feb 08, 2011
- Bollywood remembers 'immortal' Mehdi Hassan - Jun 13, 2012
- Mehdi Hassan - my immortal 'ghazal traash' (Tribute) - Jun 13, 2012
- Flyover, park to be dedicated to Mehdi Hassan - Apr 25, 2011
- Mehdi Hassan: end of golden era of ghazal (Obituary) - Jun 13, 2012
- Mehdi Hassan was outstanding: Lata Mangeshkar - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: aga khan hospital, cheque, chronic lung, developing nations, lakh, legendary singer, lung infection, maestro, medical bills, mehdi hassan, money, pakistan, private hospital, punjab chief minister, raw deal, sake, third world countries, veteran singer